Chapter - 23

A/N: This was...long, around 2950+ words long. And of course, unedited. Unedited work is my trademark. Apple=unedited work and Unedited work=Apple. You know this.

Be prepared for tears and wounds.

Thanks for reading XD

To save or not to save, that was the question.

As she saw the red eyes floating menacingly in the dark woods finally meeting hers, she already knew the answer.

"Behind you!" Lady Kiara screamed. The man in the midst of the ferocious duo snapped his head up, then turned around with staggering steps. Red eyes widened with disbelief, he unsheathed the sword. Colorful words slipped out of his mouth and  painted the background in a rainbow sonnet.

The creature and Lady Kiara lunged forward simultaneously.

One hand grasping the hood down to conceal her face, and the other swiveling the dagger between her fingers to attack. She kissed the weapon, eyeing the creature as it surged up to kill, rather than targeting the man. Throwing the dagger, aiming for its eyes while it stretched out its tentacles to grab her, she successfully hit the target.

Fountain of green blood splurged open and the hit faltered the creature's movements. Kiara took advantage of that.

She landed on one of its tentacle and ran towards the main body. Jumping up and away as the tentacle shook violently beneath her, she grabbed onto another tentacle that came swinging her way. Pushing her lower body forward, she went flying in the air again and grabbed another tentacle on her way up. Pushing herself up, she ran towards the eyes and dodged few more tentacles coming her way. 

Closing in, Kiara jumped and twisted her body mid-air, kicking the unharmed eye and retrieving her dagger. Driving the dagger yet again into the eye, the head and the rest of the body with repeated stabs, she rushed down the creature's body length, colored in green and finally landed on the ground as the creature fell down on the ground with a thud.

Heaving chest, heavy breaths. Lady Kiara took a moment to close her eyes and compose herself.

"The thing—" Kiara stilled. Her eyes widened and so did the man's.

They stood at a distance of a few feet from each other. Her hood had slipped away from her head and allowed a peek at her face. The man had no cloak and his signature red hair sat pump on his head.

Kiara and Paris pointed at each other.

"What are you doing here?" They shouted simultaneously.

"I asked first." They stated simultaneously.

"So annoying," Lady Kiara muttered and huffed, taking off the hood from her head rather aggressively.

Paris' brows knitted together at the rude statement. His eyes fell upon the limp creature behind Lady Kiara.

The one she has stabbed to death.

The Young Master of the Monroe Family shuddered, the fear washing off the frown. He gulped as Lady Kiara walked past him, signaling him to follow.

So scary, Paris followed without a question.

"Kiara—" He started with a gulp.

"Not a word about this to anyone, Young Master. And it is Lady Kiara to you. We will talk about this later." She ordered.

"But what are you—"

"Not a word about this to me either."

"What is that thing—"