Chapter- 20

A/N: Been a while since we saw Ada, so here is this one.

Ada let out a sigh as she finally stepped outside the dingy hallway of the noisome dungeon.

The blinding eerie darkness of its corners, the glaring harsh lights of its flame torches, the deafening chaotic whispers of the prison mates, the haunting cackling of the chains— relief flooded through her being to have finally left it behind, even if it was for short duration.

The guards outside the prison building— mostly half-blooded vampires— were talking softly amongst each other. Some were standing at their posts, spears in their hands. Alerted. Some were standing in groups, gossiping, while their eyes kept lingering towards the vast expense of forest and towards the dungeon every now and then. Some metres away, few were sitting on a wooden bench. It was near a small hut made of hay and mud at the edge of the forest.

The whole area was lit up with many flame torches; some hung up on the wall, some bound to the sturdy iron poles all across the area. There was a large fire as well near the hut which provided much warmth as some guards were hurdled around it.

"Wait here. I will go to the supervisor and tell him about your situation. Don't worry, he often receives such requests from the prisoners. He doesn't allow more so often but he does entertain them and it remains between the prisoners and him. It's up to you how well you can convince him."

The guard tied her to one of the pole near the exit with a rope. He pushed her behind the pole and Ada realized that the pillar in the front hid her from the view of the other guards. Ada did not knew how this would help. Unless he planned to smuggle her out in secret, she would have to present herself in front of the supervisor— whose cabin was near the entrance gate of the dungeon, past the hut— if she wanted to leave the premises while keeping all the rules and regulations intact.

Impossible.

The young guard was naive if he thought he would be able to take her to Lady Kiara. Even if he told the supervisor Lady Kiara asked for her, the supervisor would ask for a written statement.

Which I do not have.

With a written statement in her possession as well, that would have been out of the question since Ada was sentenced to be live in the underground dungeons by Countess Rose Monroe herself and only she could get her grant her the permit to leave the dungeon. If—

The guard came back. Untying the rope from the pole, he informed, his soft voice; almost merging among the hushed voices and crackling of the fire. "Hurry up. The supervisor is asking for you."

Ada lowered her head, the guard's words galvanized her to hasten her steps. Her back stung with the movement and legs protested but she carried on anyway. Jerking her head to the side faintly, she clenched her fist.

Focus.

Focus.

Focus.

Because of the events that took place two days ago, everyone was possibly paranoid and excessively vigilant.

This is risky.

I have to do this before we get to the super.

But this is risky.

This is extremely risky.

But if I manage to pull it off, I may have a chance to meet the Lady.

They were slowly approaching the hut.

Urge to scratch her left cheek grew stronger with each passing second. Her bound hands frustrated her. The eye patch on her non functioning eye seemed out of it's place. Ada bit her lip, discomforted and uneasy. Tilting her head to the side, she lifted her shoulder up to rub it on her cheek, hoping to relieve some tension. It did not help. Rather, she displaced her eye patch to the side. She was more fazed.