(𝟭) 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲

(A/N) You don't really do much in my opinion in this episode, but you'll be bonding with Zane a lot so if you like Zane you can keep reading these chapters, the same is with 'Snakebit' but you might be bonding with Cole. I haven't really planned anything- I just thought "'Do reader insert' 'okay'," and wrote whatever I thought off -which was hard. Anyways, enjoy!

<3rd person POV (Name)>

You sat in the corner, watching the 4 train. You see zapper mouth, male toph and hot head approaching each other. Knowing that'll they'll be bad mouthing their friend, you get up and walk over to them, hands behind your back. "This roof isn't big for the 4 of us," Kai stated not wanting to acknowledge you. 'Ha, fuck you too, I guess.'

"Correction, this roof isn't big enough for him," You frown at male Toph's rudeness.

"It's like his in his own world, I BET HE CAN'T EVEN HEAR US!" Jay purposely yelled the last statement, to get his friend's attention.

"Y'all are mean, I think your Ro-bro friend's fine," You smirk, since you were behind Jay, you earned a high yelp from him which you chuckled at.

"Of course, he doesn't beat you, you shouldn't even be here," Kai glared at you before turning his head to his teacher, "Sensei, Zane's weird," He lingered on his weird, his teacher gave him a confused look.

"What is weird? Someone who is different, or someone who is different then you?"

"No, sensei, he's "weird" weird, when I was using the toilet, he simply walked in like I wasn't even there! Like who does that!?" He frowned at his recalled memory, and cringed.

"Yeah! And when me and Nya were watching the sad part of a movie, you know what he did? He laughed! While we were crying!" 'I always knew you were an emotional type, Zappy, just by how you look. As I've said before, I'm amazing at judging people and being correct.' You boasted proudly in your mind.

"You wanna know what's even worse? When I was trying to get a mid-night snack, I went to the fridge. He just said something about Deli meat and then offered me cheese." You fake pouted, 

"Well you could have said thank you, you un-grate-full brat," The 3 ninjas turned their attention toward you, you simply shrugged your shoulders. 'Wow, am I that bad at puns? 'Yes' Shut up. 'Rude.'

"We like the guy, he's really smart. He's just, uh, a little off sometimes."

"Zane is a brother and brothers are often different. I should know." You, not knowing how it felt having a sibling and not knowing who Wu's brother is, questioned,

"Wait, you had a brother. You told them," You signalled to the ninja, "But not me?!" You pointed to yourself.

"Come with me, there is a lot I must catch you up on." Before you could leave you heard a loud 'BONG!!'

"Mail!" The ninja cheered in unison. Once they got their mail, they went back behind the walls of the monastery. Zane walked miserably to trio while you stood awkwardly, his blue friend faced him.

"Hey Zane, how come you never hear anything from your parents?" 'Oh my, does he have mommy or daddy issues? Cool.'

Zane shrugged, "I don't remember my parents. I've been an orphan all of my life." 'An orphan, huh? He should stay away from that pig that can walk on two legs. 'Well so should you. You don't know your parents either' Shut up you're ruining it.' Kai and Jay exchange looks,

"You mean you've never had a home," Zane shook his head solemnly.

"The monastery is your home now," Zane walked away, not happy with that answer.

"Hey what about you? You don't get any letters and you don't talk about your parents... or anybody at all," It was your turn to exchange look with your old teacher.

"My parents don't know I'm here," The lie rolled of your tongue perfectly, "And anyways, I'm an adult, I don't need their permission. I'm sleepy, so I'm going to bed, cya!" You enter the monastery, and to your room, 'Nap time, is my favourite time,' Your head made contact with your pillow and closed your eyes. 'You're looking rather peaceful it would be a shame if somebody were to ruin it...' Don't you, fucking, dare.' You begin to hear loud and mixed voices speaking at once and at different points of their sentences. You smack your head on your pillow, 'Shut uuuup.' Stretching the 'u'. The voices subdued and you could finally relax...

"Hello, (Name), I am making dinner," You stare at Zane and he stared back,

"Zane, what do you do when you can't sleep?"

"I hardly ever have a hard time sleeping. But when I do, I would try to think of what makes me happy." You face forward solemnly, "would you like me to stay longer?" You heard your bed make a loud creak. With wide eyes, you look at Zane, "Is there something on your mind?"

"No," Zane looks at you unconvinced, "Okay, fine. Wu... he didn't tell me anything, not the green ninja, not his brother, not anything, when I was his student, yet, he told you and your friends..." You spat out the last words like it was poison, "And my parents, I remember the day they just, left me," You sigh, "I don't want to be anything like them... That's enough sharing, go and make dinner." You look at Zane and you lock eyes with him. To your surprise, you were warmly embraced, not to be rude, you hugged back.

"Apologies, I just thought you needed a hug. I shall go now, I'll see you at the table," He smiled warmly, you smiled back and rested your head.