(𝟮) 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲

You walk to the table, and was greeted by Nya. "Oh, hey (Name)! Had a good nap?" You nodded,

"Yeah, thanks Nya." She smiled before digging into her food. Jay groans in delight.

"Mmm. Oh, I love it when it's Zane's night to cook," He digs into his food like a mole.

"Hey, I didn't hear any complaints about my duck chowder last night," Cole responded in fake offence, 'Ew, don't remind me,'

Kai faced his thick-eyebrowed friend, "That's because it glued our mouths shut. You really thought Jay was speechless all throughout dinner?" Cole looked at his food sorrowfully, thinking deeply.

"Yeah, please don't make that again. My mouth still hurt after (Name) tore it open, I thought I was going to split in half!" He glared at you, you shrugged and turned your attention to Zane,

"Dinner is served," he placed down a roast chicken. Everybody, except you, stared Zane up and down. You were more interested in the chicken, 'Damn, he cooked it well. How is he so good at cooking?" The table then erupted in laughter, causing you to flinch, not knowing what was so funny. Zane looked around the table, having the same train of thought.

"What's so funny?"

"Zane, you're wearing a...," She stared at Zane's apron, "Well, even I wouldn't wear that!" gesturing to his bright pink apron.

"You laugh because I takes steps to ensure I am clean after cooking?" He frowns, questioningly.

"Ha-ha! No, we laugh because you came out wearing that ridiculous outfit!" You stare at Kai, 'Bitch, says the one that thinks he's the main character.' You frown at Kai.

"I guess we don't share the same sense of humour," Cole scoffed.

"Well, how about this?" 'Please don't waste food...' He smacked Kai's face with the shrimps. You stared in disbelieve, 'Why...? You're dead to me Male Toph.' You take a shrimp from Kai's face and pop it into your mouth and the flavouring melted on your tongue, 'And it's a waste of heavenly food...' Everybody, minus you, Zane and Kai, laughed. "How could you not find that funny?" Wu sneaked behind him with a bowl of more of Zane's food and dumped it on Cole's head. You opened your jaw and sighed. Kai and Wu chuckled at Cole's surprised face, "Now, you are brothers," Wu winked at Zane. You snickered at Cole's unamused face. Cue the food fight, you were on the very verge of tears. You avert attention to Zane, who was watching the fight, walked away. You followed him.

"Zane, are you alright?" he nodded, "Ya' sure? I'd be upset too if my food was thrown to my face."

"Everything is fine, (Name), but thank you," He smiled at you, you yawn. A loud 'squawk!', and you see a falcon.

"You have fun with your new friend, I'm going to bed. Night," He bid you a good sleep. And you walked into your room, flopped onto your bed, 'Wow, I'm allowed to sleep now? I'm not complaining though.' You close your eyes and drift off to sleep.