CH:3- Hot & Cold

Morning All! I'll be uploading the next part on Thursday but I'll be adding a post later in the evening as I want to discuss a few things. Until then Happy Reading🤓 & Stay Safe😊

___________________________

Haseen was speaking to Pushpa Ji the next morning and was thanking her for sending out the dinner last night when Karishma entered the living room. Their eyes met momentarily but Haseena didn't hold eye contact with her and looked away. However, Karishma continued to stare at her face which was holding a very displeased look after seeing her face this early morning.

"Okay, Maa! I'm leaving," Karishma said as she hugged Pushpa Ji from behind and placed a kiss on her cheek. At this action, a smile appeared on Pushpa Ji's face while pressing on her hand, she spoke, "You have never done this to me, in the past so many years except my Birthdays and as far as I remember, today, is not even my birthday."

"Nahhh, I just learned this last night that all mothers are very fond of their kids' hugs and kisses, so, I thought of trying that on you. And, guess what, it worked," Karishma said as she continued to linger on Pushpa Ji but her eyes were busy observing someone else.

She didn't say anything impervious but Haseena still felt the heat radiating from her cheeks to her ears. She cleared her throat, "Okay! Pushpa Ji, Hum Nikalte hain. I have to drop her off too," Haseena said as she started moving towards the door.

"Aree, Roku Beta! Karishma choar de gi. Kya bus ma dhake khao gi," Pushpa Ji said as she came out from Karishma's grip.

"Nahi, Bhoat Bhoat Shukriya! Hum Chalain jaye gaye. Adaat hai humein aur wase bhi, Miss Singh ko late ho raha hoga," Haseen said while opening the door.

Pushpa Ji was about to say something when Karishma stopped her from intervening further.

"Theek hai phir, Dhayan se jao," Pushpa Ji said with a sullen face and once Haseena left, she charged on Karishma, "Why didn't you let me pursue her?"

"Because Maa! She feels uncomfortable around me and you were continuously forcing her. Give her some time, she will come around," Karishma said as she started picking up her files and a coffee mug from the table.

"So, make her feel comfortable. It's all your doing. You must have given her a hard time yesterday too," Pushpa Ji continued with her enraged voice and perplexed look.

"Look at you." Karishma turned towards her. "You are fighting with me for a stranger," Karishma said as she started heading out.

"She might be a stranger to you but not me. I am fighting for my friend and you better make things right with her," Pushpa Ji warned her.

"A Friend? When did you even become friends? She just moved here, yesterday," Karishma was dumbfounded at her mother's confession.

"Yes, she just moved here, yesterday. However, we started talking two weeks ago when we had finalized the lease," Pushpa Ji informed her in a very calm manner as she started moving towards her bedroom.

"No, wonder! You are so head over heels in love with her. And, I assumed, if you had a son, you must have made her your daughter-in-law," Karishma said mockingly in order to embarrass her mother while stepping out from the house.

"Aur Nahi to kya? Lakin, even if you want to marry her, I won't mind that either," Pushpa Ji said leaving stunned Karishma behind. She doesn't know if her mother is that forward or if it is the effect of the new tenant or she is just simply getting back at her. But, whatever it was, it messed up Karishma's mind, she threw everything on her car seat and went back inside to have a word with her mother.