CH:13- The Predicament of Knowing

It was Sunday and Haseena was as usual busy with Pushpa Ji making lunches for herself and Misha for the week. However, Misha was downstairs with Karishma in her study after Haseena's permission.

"Hey, Krish! Can you ask my mother to get me a haircut like you?" Misha said while sitting on the revolving chair behind the desk.

"Your mother won't listen to me. She has a mind of her own," Karishma replied as she placed her book over her chest and folded her hand over her stomach as she sat comfortably on the recliner.

"No, She listens to you." Misha got up from the chair and walked towards Karishma and after placing both hands on either side of Karishma's chair, she leaned on her, "Please, speak to her. Don't you remember, she brought me to your office after you asked her." She requested as she placed her hand on Karishma's cheek, "Please, Krish!"

Karishma Sighed and gave in to her pleas, "You can't do this every time, Misha!"

A wide grin appears on Misha's face. "Haseena likes you, Krish," Misha said innocently while standing beside her and playing with her hair.

"What made you say that, Misha?" Karishma turned towards her completely.

"She was talking to SS yesterday and she told her that you are a nice person overall but you act up sometimes," Misha repeated her mother's statement.

"When did I act up?" Karishma frowned, "And who is SS?" She asked with a bit of uneasiness in her voice.

"Santosh Sharma! Don't you remember her from thanksgiving dinner," Misha said with a surprise in her voice.

"Hmm...Did she say anything else about me?" Karishma asked impatiently.

Misha placed her hand under her chin in a thoughtful manner, "No, I don't remember anything else then they started talking about SS's wedding."

"I'll talk to your mother but only on one condition," Karishma paused for a moment and looked at Misha.

"What?" She asked while raising her eyebrows.

"You know that your mother writes a Journal?" Karishma asked as she looked at Misha and hopped for a positive answer.

"Yes, she does, at night," Misha responded as she came in front of her once again.

"Do you know where she puts her journal?" Karishma asked while looking at her hopefully.

"She puts that in her bag, the one she takes to the office," Misha said carelessly.

"Mishu! You have no idea what you have given me," Karishma cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

Misha looked at her surprise and then her expression changed into annoyance. "You can't call me Mishu," she said while placing her both hands on her hips.

"Sorry!" Karishma held her ears, "Please, Forgive me, Madame!"

"You are forgiven!" She waved her hand off carelessly and then started giggling.

"You are such a brat!" Karishma said as she got up from her chair to run after her.

Misha started running around the room but Karishma was able to get a hold of her. She held Misha in her arms and kissed her cheeks. "You can call me Mishu if and only if you can get me the permission for a haircut," Misha said while looking at her.

Karishma's eyes widened. "You are such a good negotiator Misha. Now, I have to work hard to convince your mother to get you a haircut," She said while putting her down.

"Thank You, Krish!" Misha said as she pulled Karishma to her level and kissed her cheek. "You are my best friend after Haseena."

Karishma's lips curved into a smile. "Let's go upstairs and see what your mother is doing with mine," She said as she held Misha's hand and opened the door.