CH:8- Knowing YOU & About YOU

It was Friday morning, Haseena came out of her room and after seeing Puspa Ji on her couch she walked towards her. "What happened, Pushpee? What got you up so early?" She asked cheerfully. 

"Can you talk to her?" Pushpa Ji pleaded.

"Who?" She asked while smiling and, pretending to ignore her tone.

"Haseena, don't do that. I'm already very nervous," Pushpa Ji said as she clutched her hands together to overcome her anxiety. 

"So, you want me to go to the lion's den and come out from there alive," Haseena asked with raised eyebrows.

"She won't say anything to you," Pushpa Ji said assuringly.

"What made you say that?" Haseena asked uncertainly.

"Just trust me on that," She reassured her.

Haseena looked at her suspiciously. "I'll try," She said with a smile, "And when do you want me to talk to her?"

"Today!" Pushpa uttered quickly.

Haseena's eyes widened at her response. "It's too short of a notice. That's unfair Puspee," She almost screamed in disbelief while throwing her hands in the air.

"You can manage, I know, you can," She said while placing her hand on Haseena's shoulder.

Haseena Sighed. "Okay! Mein Misha ko uthati ho, phir nashta kar ke chalte hain. theek hai?" She looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Tum Misha ko uthao, Breakfast ready hai," Pushpa Ji said as she moved downstairs to get breakfast for them.

Haseena just looked at her surprisingly. "I can't with this mother-daughter duo. They are exhausting sometimes," She mumbled.

"I heard you Haseena," Pushpa Ji said out loud.

"Sorry!" She said while sticking her tongue out.

"Maaf, her galti maaf aaj," Pushpa Ji said.

Haseena woke up Misha and after making her brush her teeth both of them came out. Pushpa Ji was already sitting at the dining table. "It seems like you are super excited for today," Haseena said as she started serving breakfast.

"I'm a nervous wreck. I don't know how she will respond to the news," Pushpa Ji said.

"I think she will be fine. She is a well-educated woman," Haseen said as she tried to calm her down.

"You don't know her, sometimes she gets very stubborn," Pushpa Ji said while playing with her fingers.

Haseena didn't say anything this time. "Yes, She could be, sometime," She thought.

"Please, be there during the whole conversation," Pushpa Ji requested.

Before Haseena can answer Puspa Ji, Misha intervened, "Why are we up so early? Don't you have time off and I'm so tired after yesterday's dinner," She complained while eating.

"Yeah! Of course, you are tired. You did all the work yesterday Mishu, Right?" Haseena looked at her disapprovingly.

Misha giggled at her mother's response.

"Maa!" Before Pushpa Ji could intervene, she heard Karishma's voice. "My baby is up too. Let me go and make some breakfast for her and both of you, come down...I'm waiting," She said as she started to descend the steps.

After some time, Haseena and Misha came down and moved towards the living room. "She is in her study," Pushpa Ji pointed towards the room.

"Okay! Let me go and please keep an eye on her," she said while pointing towards Misha.