CH:26- Time Well Spent!

It was Saturday evening. Pushpa Ji has taken Misha with her to Mr. Singh's son's house. On the other hand, Haseena was putting a pack of popcorn in a microwave and after setting a timer she looked at the clock, it was showing 7:30 PM. "Why hasn't she come yet?" She leaned over the reeling to see Karishma. However, the microwave ringer distracted her and she moved there to take out the popcorn and put them in a bowl. As she turned around, she saw Karishma was standing right behind her. "You have startled me, Miss Singh," She said as she moved towards the living room to place the bowl on the table.

"Oh Really!" Karishma said as she followed her.

As Haseena turned, she saw Karishma standing behind her. She sighed. "What would you like: ice cream or popcorn?" She asked as she moved towards the kitchen once again.

"Ice cream!" She said and followed Haseena once again.

Haseena took out the ice cream and when she closed the door of the refrigerator, she saw Karishma standing there. "What is up with you?" She asked in an irritated manner.

"What have I done?" She asked as she followed her back to the living room.

"Sometimes I really doubt your sanity. If I have not been working with you it will be hard for me to believe that you are a lawyer," She said as she placed the box of ice cream on the table and picked up the remote.

"Hey! You are being unfair to me, now," Karishma said as she sat beside Haseena on the couch and placed her legs on the table, "I have to work really hard to get here," She looked at Haseena with crinkled eyes as she shook her head.

Haseena sighed at her statement. "I'm not discrediting your hard work in any way," She said in a reassuring tone, "but sometimes you really act like a child," her voice carried a slight irritation. "Also, why did you run away in the morning?" She looked at her with a frown.

"You don't forget anything. Do you?" She sighed exhaustedly. "I avoided you all day just to make you forget that but you didn't." 

"Of course not! You can avoid me all you want. But if it is related to you then there is no chance of forgetting anything at all," She replied in a firm tone. "So, now can you please tell me, have you told Pushpa Ji about us?"

"Yes, I have!" She said without looking into Haseena's eyes.

"And, when are you planning to tell me?" Haseena asked as she folded her hand over her chest.

"Soon!" She continued to avoid looking into Haseena's eyes.

"Do you know how embracing it is when you lie and the person you are lying to, already knows the truth?" She placed her hand under Karishma's chin and made Karishma look at her.

"Look! I'm sorry," She held her ears, "But you are at fault for this," Her face carried a childlike innocence.

"Haww!" Haseena looked at her surprisingly. "How?"

Karishma glides closer to Haseena. "The thing is; Miss Mallik, whenever you are close by to me, you made me forget everything," She said as she leaned towards Haseena's lips.

Before Karishma can move forward, Haseena placed her hand on Karishma's lips and gently pushed her away. "You are not allowed," She said as she sat straight and turned on the TV.

Karishma looks at Haseena momentarily and then diverted her attention towards the TV as she picked up the cup of ice cream.

"What would you like to watch?" Haseena asked while turning her head towards Karishma, " 'The Crown' or 'Bridgerton'."

"I don't care," She said gruffly as she placed a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

"Are you serious, Miss Singh?" Haseena asked in a flabbergasted manner as she turned towards Karishma.