CH:6- Thinking of YOU

There was yellow light pouring on her face, she looked angelic. I moved my hand to caress her cheek—her skin was flawless. I touched my nose with hers, she parted her lips in anticipation, her eyes were closed and she was breathing unevenly. I leaned forward and before I could taste her lips, her sharp and edgy voice rang in my ear, "Behave Miss Singh!" Karishma woke up and sat on her bed while sweating profusely. "What was that?" She murmured under her breath as she wiped off the sweat from her face, "How can I think about Miss Mallik in such a manner." The thought of having her so close was disturbing her mind; she was unable to comprehend the meaning of her dream and ended up having a sleepless night.

"Are you okay?" Pushpa Ji asked as she placed her breakfast on the table.

"Haan! Mujhe kya hua hai?" She looked at her mother surprisingly.

"Khoi Khoi ho," Pushpa Ji said while looking at her concerningly. 

Before Karishma could answer her mother, she saw Haseena and Misha reaching the main hall. Haseena moved towards Pushpa Ji and Misha ran towards her. A smile appeared on Karishma's face after looking at Misha."How are you, my friend?" She asked.

"I'm good and you," Misha replied as she moved slightly closer to Karishma and placed her hand on her shoulder. "I want to see your office and the way you work," she whispered in her ear.

A wide grin appeared on Karishma's face. "You can ask your mother and if she says yes, I don't mind, giving an office tour to you," she whispered back in her ear while peeking at Haseena who was keeping an eye on them as she was talking to Pushpa Ji about something in an inaudible tone.

"Sach mein Karishma!" Misha almost screamed in excitement.

Karishma just nodded with a smile on her face, however, Haseena called out to Misha in a strict manner, "Mishuu, keep it down!"

Misha just nodded her head and looked at Karishma with pleading eyes to ask her mother if the office tour is okay, "Please!" She said.

Karishma just looked at Misha and then at Haseena who was still peeking at them. She sighed, "I'll talk to her."

On the other hand, Pushpa Ji elbowed Haseena, "Tum bata do, abhi yahi par hai sab," she said out loud.

Haseena Sighed. Then she looked at Pushpa Ji and started speaking in an audible voice to be heard by everyone present, "Please, have a Thanksgiving dinner with us," she glanced at Karishma who was listening to her with full attention as Misha was staring at the law book that was placed right next to her.

"Zaror, Hum log zaroor aye gaye," Pushpa Ji said, "Aur tumne apne friends ko bhi invite kya hain na," she looked at Haseena questionably.

"Ji, mene socha housewarming party bhi ho jaye gi bus islye, thode se friends ha mere bus," she answered without looking at Karishma whose gaze------she could still feel on her.

"So you are killing two birds with one stone," Pushpa Ji nudged her shoulder playfully.

"Bus kuch aisa hi samajh li jiye," she replied while looking at Misha who was flipping pages of the law book as she was an expert in that.

"Mishuu! We are getting late. Come!" She said as she put her hand forward.

On her mother's call, Misha ran towards her and while clasping her hand with Haseena's, she pulled her to her level and whispered something in Haseena's ear. Karishma noticed her expression change drastically and after giving her an angry glare, she spoke, "We will talk about this later, Mishu!"

Haseena waved at Puspa Ji and moved out of the house while holding Misha's hand, however, Karishma continued to stare at her retreating figure.

"Are you okay, Karishma? You seem a bit off?" Pushpa Ji asked her in a concerned voice.