06. Simple

With Gulf's support, the management agreed for the filming to take place overseas.

They paused the filming, making changes. They decided to partner with Aegean Marine Life Sanctuary. The plot will still be the same, except more focus will be on protecting aquatic life. Instead of playing a diving team, Mew and the rest of the cast would play a team of conservationists that are able to dive and keep track of the lives of the marine creatures.

The changes would shed light on the importance of conserving marine life, as well as draw in donations for the sanctuary, which was in dire need of support.

After one and a half months, the changes have been finalised and the visas have been approved.

Mew was now at the airport with Forth, the cast and the production team.

While he waited for Forth to finish checking in the luggage, he looked around for a place that sells tea.

It was at this moment that he saw a familiar looking pair walking towards him. A small boy and a tall man, both wearing shades.

At first, Mew thought he saw things wrongly.

It was when they were really approaching in his direction that he took a good look at the pair.

It was Bright and Gulf! What were they doing here?

"Morning Phi!" Bright greeted Mew, kissing Mew's cheek when Mew carried him in his arms.

Mew was pleasantly surprised. Gulf and Bright didn't say anything about this when he had dinner with them last night.

"Morning Bright and Gulf. What are you guys doing here?" Mew asked. He could see the luggages behind Bright.

Could they be joining us? Or just going on vacation? He didn't want to get his hopes up.

"We are joining you and the rest P'Mew!" Bright said.

Mew lit up. Being able to travel with Bright would be nice.

As he processed the news, he realised something.

Even if they were joining us, why would they need to bring their luggage here? Won't they have a private jet, attendants taking their luggage for them?

Seeing Mew's confusion, Gulf asked. "You thought I will have a private jet?"

Mew looked at him with wide eyes. "How did you know?" Mew asked sheepishly.

"Well it is true that it is common for the wealthy to have private jets. So your question is not out of the ordinary."

"So why do you not have a private jet?"

"Private jets contribute to a lot of greenhouse gases. And has high maintenance costs. So I didn't get one. Plus, I have shares in many airlines. I am always guaranteed a first class seat should I need to go overseas. For the cast and production team, I was able to book the whole plane at a discounted rate."

Mew clapped slowly, giving a thumbs up. "Smart."

"Thanks." Gulf gave a mock bow, both of them laughing.

Bright looked at the pair, sighed and walked to a nearby bench. Adults these days...

-----

In the aeroplane

Crawling up to his seat, Bright's legs dangled in the air, not reaching the floor.

He wanted to sit cross-legged but he couldnt do that until the plane took off and the seatbelt sign was off. So, he waited patiently, taking out his book.