30. You

By the time Gulf returned to Thailand, it was dawn. He would normally get some sleep but he already slept during the plane ride.

Glancing down at his phone wallpaper, Gulf smiled. It was a picture of Mew, Gulf, Bright and Win at Lipsi.

Win had his arms out like a starfish, mouth wide open. Bright made a v sign at the top of Win's head like bunny ears. Gulf had an arm wrapped around Mew's shoulders, smiling at the camera. And Mew was laughing at the children's antics.

Gulf could see how Mew was looking at them with so much love, making him so grateful to have such a wonderful partner.

He couldn't suppress his smile, continuing to gaze at the family picture. He couldn't wait to go back home. Cuddle up with Mew. Hug his boys.

-----

After thanking the driver, Gulf quietly opened the door, not wanting to accidentally wake anyone.

Setting down his items, he took off his jacket and tie. Gulf wanted to just rush up the stairs, hug and kiss Mew senselessly. However, he knew that Mew's schedule has been packed, making Mew tired.

Not wanting to wake Mew up, Gulf decided to read through his letters first. Rolling up his sleeves, he made himself a cup of coffee. He sat down, reading the pile of letters that Pha had placed in his office for him.

Reaching the bottom of the pile, he came across an unmarked envelope. Gulf raised an eyebrow. Death threats, hidden bombs, poisoned letters were not new to him. However, Pha has always made sure to inspect all letters before sending the necessary letters to Gulf.

Trusting Pha, Gulf opened the envelope. The brows that were furrowed, slowly raised. The suspicion in his eyes cleared up, his hazel eyes brimmed with tears instead.

In the envelope were two documents. The first, a marriage certificate. With both his and Mew's name on it. But what made Gulf tear up was the second document. An adoption paper for Win.

Mew had already signed both papers. However, seeing Mew's signature on Win's adoption paper was more than just ink on paper. It signified that Mew was ready for their future, to be a permanent part of the Traipipattanapong family's future.

He turned around and was about to run out to find Mew when he stopped in his tracks.

Mew was kneeling on one knee before him, an arm raised. A ring was tied to a silver fountain pen with an ivory satin ribbon. The gold and silver ring shone softly under the warm rays that poured in from the windows.

"Gulf, I would be lying if I said I fell in love with you at first sight. I loved your son first." Mew and Gulf laughed.

Gulf sat crosslegged in front of Mew, gesturing for Mew to do the same. After Mew sat down in front of Gulf, he continued on, voice trembling with emotion.

"As I got to know Bright and you, I grew to be attached to the both of you. It was when I slipped up, calling Bright 'baby' and you 'dad' when I realised that there was no going back. I fell in too deep. I could no longer imagine life without you guys.

I had a full blown out panic, worried that this was just a temporary moment, a phase in my life. I only calmed down when I remembered how you guys love me too.

But there was a nagging feeling at the back of my mind. What happens if you meet someone? Will I still be able to be part of your family?

Turns out, I wasn't simply worried at the thought of you having someone.

When we were at Lipsi, waking up to the sight of you and thinking how lucky your partner will be to see you like that, I felt uncomfortable. Turns out, I was jealous.