21. Win(nie the Pooh)

"We are here Bright." Mew said softly to Bright.

Bright rubbed his eyes sleepily.

He expected to see the airport runway, only to see a lush green field.

And instead of being in an aeroplane, he was in a Rolls-Royce.

"Mmph where are we?" Bright mumbled into Mew's stomach as he hugged him.

Mew chuckled at how Bright was behaving like a koala. Wrapping his hands around Bright, he carefully carried Bright out of the car.

"We are at the orphanage. You were still asleep when we landed so I carried you since we didn't want to wake you up."

Bright yawned while he was set back on his feet. He should get something to drink since he still feels sleepy.

The trio and Phana were greeted by the head of the orphanage who was waiting for them at the entrance.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet us on such short notice." Gulf said to the headmaster.

"No worries. Please, call me Amelia. Let me bring all of you around for a short tour before we head to my office."

Bright tugged Mew's jacket, catching their attention. "Dad, daddy, I will go get a glass of water first."

"Would you like someone to guide you to the kitchen?" Amelia asked.

"It is alright. Thank you." Bright politely declined.

Gulf and Mew felt that it was alright for Bright to go to the kitchen himself. This was because the orphanage was guarded so Bright didn't have to be watched over. Plus, Phana wasn't available. He had gone to talk to the security forces.

Wandering down the hallways, Bright felt that the orphanage was too quiet. Shouldn't it be noisy? Passing by a large dark room, he realised why. When he took a quick glance, he saw children sleeping, the teachers supervising them.

It must be their sleeping time.

Finding a room labelled kitchen, Bright walked towards it.

As he got nearer, he heard clattering. Which is weird since all should be in the sleeping room. There shouldn't be anyone in the kitchen.

Carefully peeking into the kitchen, Bright's eyes widened upon the sight before him.

A toddler was climbing the fridge, trying to get to the top shelf.

How the toddler opened the fridge, how he managed to have strength to cling onto the slippery plastic fridge shelves with his itty bitty fingers, Bright doesn't know.

He started to panick when the toddler only held the shelf with one hand to grab onto a jar of honey.

As expected, the toddler fell. Bright's heart dropped.

He quickly dived forward, catching the toddler in his arms.

The impact made him roll forward. To protect the toddler, he hugged the toddler, enveloping him. After coming to a stop, the toddler now sat on his stomach and held the jar up victoriously.

"Honey!"

It was only then that the toddler noticed Bright.

"Aww sowwy."
(Aww sorry.)

Bright opened his eyes, wincing. Sitting up, he was met with a beautiful pair of brown eyes. They reminded him of his dad's eyes.

They were brown eyes that bring hearth-sipped hot cocoa to the memory. Sweet as chocolate.