[5]"Im glad you like it kid, you deserve it"

Everyone files out except for sam still sitting at the head of the table. "Your asking Happy if he can drive us" he says as a phone slides across the table, stopping in front of you. You and Pete both excitedly scroll through until Happy's face pops up.

Pressing call, it rings three times before he picks up. "Hey Sam you ok?"

You and Pete both correct him at the same time with excited voices. "HAPPY!! hey it's us!"

"Oh, hey guys! What did you need?"

Pausing for a moment you thought it was funny how he sounded much more excited knowing it was you two rather than Sam.

"Well we were just wondering if you could possibly take us to the shops. And Sam, so that we can get snacks for films tonight?"

He didn't even hesitate before replying "of course, I can do that. I was going to bring your birthday present anyway. I'll be there in 10", and with that he hung up.

You whooped and stood up to high five Peter. You clearly didn't need any more sugar from the way you were jumping around but you were getting some anyway!

The three of you slowly made it downstairs and into the main hallway where your shoes were waiting. It's a good job you keep half your stuff here because your shoes fell off when going through that roof! It's impossible to think that was earlier this same day.

You both sat on the floor and slipped your shoes on. Tying them up and doubling the laces. It's so irritating when they come undone.

Sam walks up to you holding a cap. "Here y/n put this on you don't want to scare anyone with that bandage".

You'd completely forgot about that until now, but you didn't mind, you quite liked hats, even if they were bright red like this one.

Walking outside, looking a bit like a tomato, you stood on the wall and waited for happy. After a few minutes Pete was bored so stood up with you and pretended to shove you off it.

Never backing down from a fight you actually shoved him back. He fell off the wall laughing and nearly pulled you onto the floor too.

"No!!" Sam shouted scaring you both briefly before you started laughing again. "Come on, get off the wall, if you get hurt again today someone will actually kill me". He put both arms around your torso and lifted you back to the ground. "Happy will be here any second".

And it was 20 seconds later, a shiny black car pulled up with the window rolled down. "Come on guys get in!! We have sugar to buy!!!!"

"Yayyyy Happy! Let's go Sam!"

You opened the closest door and got in the back seat as Pete ran around to the other side. Of course Sam was in the front because as he likes to say "I'm the adult, this seat is reserved for us".

You liked Sam, he seemed so grumpy all the time but he wasn't as bad as it looked, it was just the personality he had. Once you're friends, he would do anything for you but he'd never admit it to your face! Maybe that's what you have in common.

The ride to the shops was uneventful and only took around 10 minutes. Happy and Sam spoke the entire journey so you and Pete played car games looking out the back window. Every-time a red car went past the first person to shout pancakes won.

Neither of you have any idea why you chose the word pancakes but that's what it was. You both ended up shouting random words anyway as you kept forgetting. "Ah um red! Car! Ah"

You both were laughing hysterically with tears in your eyes by the time you pulled into the car park. Leaning into each other for support until your abdominal muscles were sore.