[31]"you won't tell anyone?"

Dread ran through you as Sarah stood there waiting for you to respond. She'd threatened Peter but she wasn't a bad person she was probably scared because it was true. She had some kind of power.
The others apparently heard as they ran over pleading with her. "Sarah you can't tell anyone about Peter, we aren't going to tell anyone about you! We just wanted to know because of what happened" said Lila.
"Yea" agreed Peter, "and I understand, I don't want anyone finding out about me so I wouldn't tell anyone about you".
You looked to her and she seemed to be contemplating the words. "So... you won't tell anyone?"
"Of course not!" You all yelled. "Your our friend, we wouldn't do that to anyone but especially a friend".
She relaxed a little and turned to Peter, "I'm sorry" she muttered.
He gave her a smile, "it's ok, I understand you were panicking"
She smiled back at him, "how did you get yours?"
"Spider" he stated simply, "how did you get yours?"
"Born with it. Do the rest of you have powers?" She asked as cooper and Lila both shook their heads. You didn't answer but bit your lip, unsure of what to say. She seemed to notice and whispered, "what can you do?"
You just asked her back, "what can you do?"
She looked down in thought before looking back up and you both gave a slight nod in agreement that you didn't want to say.
"Come sit with us" said Lila, so you all went back to eat lunch and share all the packs of Haribo sweets.

As you made your way through the afternoon lessons your eyes began to feel heavy. You used all your energy to fight the sleepy feeling so had no idea what was being taught. Just as you were about to actually fall asleep the class ended and you could finally go home. Saying a quick goodbye to Peter you went in different directions, him towards the bus, as Happy was busy, and you towards Bucky waiting in the car. "Good day?" He asked
You just nodded and slumped in your seat leaning against the window.
"I knew you shouldn't have gone in today" he fussed, putting a hand on your forehead and grabbing your face to look at your eyes.
You tutted and pushed him away, "stop it I'm fine!"
"Fine" he said and started driving home. "Did you speak to Sarah?"
You just nodded and fell asleep almost straight after.

Bucky carried you into the house and went to put you on the sofa when Steve walked in, "oh you can't put her there! Nats coming round, I'll put her in her bed". Steve took you and walked up the stairs as Bucky emptied your bag. Steve walked back down to a worried looking Bucky. "What's wrong?"
He held up your lunch, "she's eaten the chocolate but only half the pack of crisps and there's still a quarter of the Sandwich left".
Steve rustled through your bag and found empty sweet wrappers. "Maybe she ate too many sweets, and she did have breakfast a lot later than normal"
"Maybe" Bucky muttered.
Steve was silent for a moment before asking, "is Tony right? Do we baby her too much?"
He got a disgusted look from the other man, "yea so?"
Someone knocked on the door so he chuckled and went to answer it.
"Nat! Come in"
She greeted them both and jumped onto the sofa, turning on the tv.
"Well make yourself at home then!" Bucky said sarcastically earning him a slap in the back of the head. He held his arms up in fake shock hiding his smirk before going to the kitchen to get drinks.

A while later you woke up in your bed and groaned, your body still felt heavy and tired but it would be hard to get back to sleep now so you decided to shower instead. The warm water felt so nice and relaxing you ended up sitting on the floor in the cubicle letting it run past your face and down your back. The room started to get foggy and the mirror dripped with condensation so you grabbed your towel and got out putting on some pyjamas, even though it was still early.
Looking around the room you saw the plans you'd started to make the robot arm even better and decided to carry those on. A silicon type material could be used for the fingertips, it's non conductive so the arm won't be electrocuted and it will simulate real skin. You drew it and started labelling all the possibilities and how it would be good and bad before comparing it to other materials. That's when you started to wonder if an adapted silicon material could be put over an arm similar to Buckys. Is it possible to make connections between the arm and brain so it not only looks real but feels real to? That would change the way injured veterans recover, you know it was hard for some of the avengers after they fought in various wars. Sam had some friends who had lost limbs and it made it harder to get back to everyday life. Not only that, it could help people and children in poorer countries. They could work and not be ostracised by everyone around them. At some point you began writing notes on that idea instead and soon you had a small pile of paper full of writing and drawings.