[14]"You want to know how he disappeared"

The lunch bell rang out so everyone stood and packed their stuff away. You all had music together so you walked as a group to the far building.

Why are music rooms always so dark you thought to yourself. The lighting was a dingy orange colour, which matched the half broken, brown chairs scattered around.

You immediately saw Sarah so you went and sat with her and the other three followed. "We missed you at lunch today" grinned Cooper. She smiled and looked slightly uncomfortable, luckily for her the lesson started.

The very large old lady dressed in colourful patterns stood at the front droning on about piano keys and chords and how to get the 'right sound'. 

You leant over to Peter and whispered in his ear, "still excited about doing music this term?"
He looked back with a displeased face, "well I'm still excited to play with all the instruments... if she's ever gonna let us" he sighed staring at the giant trombone at the front.

You giggled and went back to 'listening' to the colourful lady who'd now moved on to guitars.

After an agonising two hours she finally stopped talking about every instrument that could have possible been invented,  she sent everyone on a break, "and we can get started playing with some of them when we get back"

"Finally!" Shouted Pete, "I'm gonna go to the water fountain, you coming?"

The Barton twins nodded but you decided to stay behind feeling too lazy to walk there.
Sarah also stayed and when everyone else had left she slowly made her way down towards the piano.

Watching from your seat, you saw her slowly sit down in front of it pressing at random keys. At first it sounded as if she had no idea how it worked but slowly she actually began to play.

Beautiful sounds surrounded the room and you didn't even notice yourself get up and walk towards it. Standing right next to her now, you began to play the same tune lower down the piano.

Sarah gasped and looked to you, "oh sorry" you murmured.
"N-no it's fine" she replied, "you know how to play to?"

"Yea my dad taught me, do you wanna both play and see if we can do it?"

She immediately nodded and moved up so you could sit down next to her. "Ok I'll start" she said and began playing the same tune. After a moment you understood the melody and joined in.

The notes complimented each other perfectly and began to entwine within each other. Sometimes in the same chord and sometimes sounding completely different, but it seemed to work perfectly.

You were both laughing and playing, enjoying the first real time you'd bonded. That was until a shriek came from the other side of the room. The bright lady was back and running, as well as she could, towards you grinning.
"Oh my!" She shrieked again, "I had no idea you two could play! You must play in our end of year show together!"

You turned to stare at Sarah with horror in both your eyes. Turning back you both let out a "nope", in unison.

"Well I see", said the clown dressed woman, "just keep it in mind, I'll be sure to convince you before the show".

At that everyone came in so she walked away. You turned to the girl who matched your disgusted face, making you feel a little more at ease. "We are not doing that" she said.

"Agreed"

The rest of the afternoon was spent in that one room listening to a bunch of kids attempt to play music. Badly. Some could get out a few tunes but it was mostly a mess of noise.

Pete, as expected, was trying to play the trombone barely able to get any noise out of it, thankfully. Cooper was trying to orchestrate Pete playing, whilst occasionally slamming some symbols together.