[19]"is this common?"

*this chapter has swearing although I have put asterisks between the words*

You sat on the cold stone steps and miss Court sat right next to you. No matter where you were she always tried to get on the same level, no wonder she was such a good guidance counsellor.

Not long after, you saw the family car turn into the car park and stop right in front of you. Bucky sat in the front with a long sleeved top and a baseball cap covering half his face.

"Wait here a moment whilst i speak to your dad".

You could have easily overheard but at this point you couldn't be bothered so only caught snippets. "Library..... bookshelf...... bored..... schedule change..... College classes..... no suspension". Well that last one is a bit of a relief.

Finally she stepped away and you were waved over to the car. Silently getting in and putting your seat belt on, overhearing your dad apologising again.

The start of the journey was silent as you stared down at your feet. Eventually though, he spoke. "Was it the same girl as last time?" He turned to look at you, nodding your head still staring into the footwell.

"How do you know what a bimbo is?" He asked slightly chuckling.

A small smile crept onto your face as you simply stated, "Tony".

"Of course it was, I'm gonna kill him".

"Hey where are we going, Are we not going to the compound?"

"Well if we go to the tower now dad will know you've done something. So if we don't want him to know, we have to go back home for a couple of hours first. And get frozen yogurt on the way back I've been wanting it all day".

"Wait your not gonna tell dad about this? And I get yogurt?"

"No I'm not going to tell him this time but don't think I won't if you decide to do it again. And yes you get yogurt but only because I want it to, it's not a reward".

Your starting to feel better already, and it was improved even more once you reached the drive through. "Can I please have vanilla and chocolate with tiny Oreos and raspberries?"

You both ate in the car on the drive home, with Bucky somehow finishing before you despite driving at the same time.

With about ten minutes left of the journey you stared out the window at the lines of trees, slowly drifting off to sleep. You didn't even feel the car pull into the driveway and stop. You didn't feel Bucky gently lift you out of your seat and into the house.

He carried you over to the sofa and sat down turning on the tv. He held you close as you snuggled further into his shoulder.

He started to remember the first time you'd been suspended,

You were around 6 years old and just started school, the same school you attend now but you weren't allowed in peters classes because he was older. You were not happy about this as you were stuck with all the other snotty six year olds. Looking back they may have had better hygiene than first remembered, and might not have been literally snotty.

Never less, you hated them and the stupid classes you had with them. Your dad had told the school you were smart so they put you in the gifted program. Instead of adding up single digit numbers, they added 0s to the end. Because if you know what 1 add 1 is, 10 add 10 is different apparently.

Anyway, you made it to the end of the first day without speaking to anyone or doing any work. The teacher spoke to buck saying they think it's best if you were to move back to normal classes as the gifted program didn't seem to fit you. He ensured her You were bright enough to carry on and to give it time, they finally agreed and went home. You ignored everyone for the rest of the evening, making your dads very worried, you'd barely been speaking for three years at this point and they didn't want you to stop now.