Joyride - 8 years old

You're 8, Pete would be about 10 in this.

Word count: 1,900

——————————

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Said peter nervously and he fidgeted behind you.

"I don't know but it'll be really fun! You don't have to", you said, fully hoping he'd stay.

With a hand running over his messy brown hair he sighed. "Well I'm not letting you go by yourself.... Do you even know how to drive a car?"

You'd never actually driven a car... or even been in the drivers seat (Something about your parents not trusting you near it) but you had done some research.

"I've watched loads of videos online". You both stayed quite before you said, "i just hope one of Tony's cars is like the one in the video".

"Urggg", he let out a noise that sounded as if he was in pain. "We're going to die", he sighed.

"Eh, there are worse ways to go", you stated.

For a second he didn't say anything but when it sunk in he couldn't help but laugh. "Yea but automobile accident is a bit overused. Alien invasion would be cooler".

"Shut up", you laughed, "were going to get caught if we don't be quiet".

You were currently sat waiting in a vent, the closest one to Tony's lab. Neither of you had been allowed in the lab for more than a couple of minutes so were very curious.

"My legs are cramping", complained peter but you just shushed him.

"Quiet, he should be leaving around now".

And sure enough, as you finished speaking a door closed in the distance and a few seconds later footsteps went past.

"Told you, he always leaves for lunch".

Carefully, trying not to make any noise, you pushed at the vent and climbed out with peter right behind.

He would never admit it but he was really excited to finally look around Tony's lab and sit in all his old cars.

You both crept down the hallway before descending the stairs and arriving at the door.

"How did you expect to get past this?" He huffed, thinking you would have to give up. The excitement in his stomach fading away to disappointment.

"Hey! I thought about it. I just hope it worked".

You walked forward, pulling at the door and it just opened.

"What the hell" mumbled peter.

You smiled and showed him the clay you'd put over the lock earlier that day.

"Seriously? Tony Starks great security can be beaten by a 7 year old with clay?" He said sarcastically.

"You know I'm 8!" You hissed back, "and you better watch you're attitude, you sound like Tony".

"You better watch your attitude?" He repeated. "You sound like Steve!"

You both laughed again before carefully stepping inside.

"Woah", breathed out Peter.

The room was dark but you could still see the mountains of half finished projects and loads of cool machines.

You walked towards the first table to look at different blueprints whilst Peter picked up different tools to inspect.

"Ok let's do this I don't want to get caught before we can get in the car", says Peter making you smile.