#6 Released

September 1st 2017

Diego's Pov

We're standing in line waiting to check out the stuff we picked. We're getting some water and Tylenol and also some food for Aurora because of how she looked in the pictures.

There's a little boy in front of  us checking out but he won't take off his hood.

"Sorry sweetie but you need to take your hood down." The cashier says. The boy thinks for a second and then says

"I can't I'll get in trouble" I then realize that the person in front of us isn't a boy and it's actually a little girl. Her soft voice was sweet and caring. The cashier sighs.

"You have to take your hood down so the camera can get footage otherwise they'll think your going to rob the store." The cashier says getting annoyed.

The little girl removes her hood and we hear the cashier gasp loudly. My brothers and father look ahead and I see long dark brown hair that matches fathers.

"W-what happened?" The cashier asks horrified. She looks down but I want to see her face so I turn her around so she's facing me and raise her chin because her head is down and her eyes are closed.

A few minutes later she opens her eyes and I see big bright blue eyes but the look sad and there's no light in them. Her eyes widen and she quickly set the money on the counter and grabbed the concealer. She then tries to run away but limps because her legs looks hurt. I look at my family and say.

"That was Aurora!" I say making the others faces go blank. I quickly turn away and run after her.

She didn't get very far so when I catch up and hold her in my arms she gasps and tries to push me away. Tears start to leak out of my eyes because she's trying to push me away.

"Let me go!" She yells I sit on the ground pulling her into my lap rocking her. Her head is on my chest and her hand is fisted with my shirt in it. She's super tiny and light.

"Shhh. Calm down." I say softly and watch as she calms down. I see my family coming they have sleeping pills and pain pills and water. Antonio hands me one of each and I give them to her.

"Here. Take this it will help with the pain." I say and she nods taking the pills and drinking the water. I continue to rock her and hum. About 10 minutes later she's softly snoring and is cuddled up to my chest.

I stand up with her in my arms and look at my family. They are all watching her closely. Father comes closer and brushes the hair out of her face.

"We should take her to the hospital now and get the DNA test so we can have custody over her." Father says and we walk to the car. The driver opens the door and gasps as he sees the girl I'm holding.

When we get into the Alessandro takes her from me and cradles her to his own chest and she grabs onto his shirt. She snuggled her face into his chest and snores softly.

Gabriel is sitting next to Alessandro running his fingers through her hair. Father calls the hospital telling them that we're bringing her and that they need to examine her and do a DNA test with her.

Matteo is going to do the test with her. Matteo is sitting on the other side of Alessandro humming a song that Mom used to him when we were younger.

Next to Matteo is Alfonso and I and on the other side of Gabriel is Antonio and dad. When we arrive at the hospital they quickly do the tests while she's asleep so the pain will be less.

They start pumping fluids and nutrients into her.  They take a little of her blood and Matteo's for the test and do a few x-rays. Father has called the police so they can arrest the Smiths and he also called a lawyer so dad can have custody over her.

After an hour we get all of her results back. She is our little sister and she has a broken wrist and a bruised knee. They give her a cast and brace and dad signs the custody papers before signing the hospital check out papers.

Alessandro calls the pilot and Matteo carries Aurora to the car and we all follow behind. We start to head back to the hotel to grab our bags and after we'll board the plane.

After the plane takes off, Matteo takes Aurora to the bed. Dad is happy she's finally coming home.

Everyone goes to sleep but him because he want Aurora to see him first.