#22 Comments

September 13th 2018

Aurora's Pov

Everyone is getting ready for my birthday ball and all my Zia's are helping me get ready.

Since being in Italy I have learned how to speak in Italian a little more and can now make a simple sentence. All my brothers have been playing with me and even my cugnios too.

After hours of getting ready I'm finally done and I look like a princess. It's almost 7 o'clock and Bubba is going to walk with me. Daddy said my name will be announced and then Bubba and I would have to walk down a lot of stairs and then Daddy and I would dance in the middle of the dance floor before we were aloud to go sit.

Soon I hear a knock on my door and I go get it.

"Bambina you look bellissimo (beautiful) just like a principessa (princess)." Bubba says making me giggle.

"Thank you Bubba you look b-bello?" I say smiling making Bubba nod.

"Good job bambina." He said making me laugh some more. "Are you ready to go to the party?"

"Yes Bubba." I answer as he takes my hand and walks me down the hallway. Once we reach the giant doors I can hear lots of people talking. I squeeze Bubbas hand and look up at him to see he's looking down at me.

"I'm scared Bubba." I say nervously.

"You don't need to be scared Bambina. I'm right here. I'll protect you." Bubba said smiling.

"Now let's give a warm welcome to the Birthday Girl herself. Aurora Bernardi and her brother Alessandro Bernardi." We hear from the other side of the door before we see the big doors slowly open welcoming us into the room.

Now that they are open I can see that there has to be at least 500 people and there are a lot of stairs Bubba and I have to walk down.

I squeeze his hand once more before we start descending the stairs. I can see all of my family from up here. I smile as I make eye contact with Daddy who is waiting at the bottom of the steps.

Once we reach the bottom I give Bubba a big hug before grabbing Daddy's awaiting hand. We start to dance in the middle with all of the people watching us.

"Daddy?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yes bambina?"

"Why is everyone staring at us?"

"Because you are just so beautiful and everyone wants to meet the birthday girl." He said happily making me smile and laugh.

We continued to dance till the song was over. After dancing with all of my brothers and cugnios we finally eat.

Once we were finished eating my favorite foods including Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, garlic bread, and chocolate cakes with vanilla ice cream. All my Zios danced with me and even Nonno. Some boys would come up and dance with me from other family's making my family watch us like hawks.

I would giggle every time I made eye contact with Bubba and Daddy. They always looked like they were about to jump.

All my Zia's were laughing at the boys. I was having a great time at my birthday ball and didn't understand why Bubba was so worried about it.