#5 Be

September 1st 2017

After a long 3 hour flight the Bernardi family arrives in Dallas Texas. All they are thinking about is Aurora. The driver gets the luggage and car and starts to drive towards the small town when the family is inside the large suv. Jeff calls Lorenzo and Lorenzo puts it on speaker.

Hello - Lorenzo

Good morning boss have you landed? - Jeff

Yes why? - Lorenzo

Well I dug into this Aurora Simons and she has a horrible life. Ok. So Bianca died almost 6 years ago and gave the letter to her friend Sarah who was supposed to send the letter to you with a recent picture of Aurora.

When Bianca died Sarah tried getting custody to Aurora but she was unqualified so Aurora was put into foster care for a year before she got adopted by Samuel and Kendra Smith.

They have been arrested for drugs and alcohol abuse. Aurora has been admitted to the hospital multiple times each year for broken ribs and arms.

She's had lots of bruising. She is a straight a student and is 11 years old. Her birthday is in a couple days. She works at a ice cream shop near her school which isn't a very safe school.

It hasn't been inspected or updated since your parents went to school. Aurora lives with the Smiths and that 123 abc rd.

She doesn't trust easily and is small for her age. She looks a lot like you. - Jeff

Ok thank you Jeff have a good day - Lorenzo

I hang up and look at the boys who are about to cry again.

"My sister has been abused for 6 years!" Alessandro says trying to control his temper. We all look down and wait till we get to the hotel that near her town.

When we are settled into the hotel the boys come to my room.

"So how are we gonna get our little sister?" Antonio asks.

Aurora's Pov

It's Saturday and I have to work all day. My parents are passed out from the alcohol they drank last night.

I woke up late last night to my mother in my room and she was punching me and slapping me in her drunken rage. I finally got her away from me and went back to bed. I had lots of cuts and bruises so I went to the bathroom and looked for the concealer only to find it empty.

I teared up a little and limped to my room so I could put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants trying to hid my bruises. I quickly leave the house after making them breakfast.

I walk to the store and buy some thick coating concealer and pay for it. While I'm waiting in line to pay I see 7 men come inside I recognize the older man from the car but I don't recognize the 6 younger ones.

I look away and watch as the lady scans the persons items in front of me. I have about an hour before I have to be at the ice cream shop but it takes 45 minutes to get there and I still have to cover the bruises.

The 7 men get in line behind me. It's my turn to buy the concealer and I set it on the counter. She smiles and says.

"Sorry sweetie but you need to take your hood down." I look up and frown. I can't take my hood off because then she'll see the bruises and then she'll ask how I got them and then she'll call the police and then I'll get in trouble.

"I can't I'll get in trouble" I say softly. She sighs.

"You have to take your hood down so the camera can get footage otherwise they'll think your going to rob the store." She says getting annoyed.

She's still holding the concealer waiting for me to remove the hood. I sigh as a tear goes down my cheek. I remove the hood and hear her gasp loudly making the 7 men behind me look at me.

"W-what happened?" She asks horrified. I look down waiting for her to check me out. I then feel someone turning me around and raising my chin.

I open my eyes and see on of the 7 men are inspecting me. My eyes widen and I quickly set the money on the counter and grab the concealer. Trying to run away with my leg limping in pain.

I hear the men talking and then footsteps coming towards me.