wikipedia

Florence Falcone

Florence Falcone

Born: Florence Ruby Falcone
May 9th 1993 (age 28)
Manchester, United Kingdom

Residency: Kingston-Upon-Thames

Occupation: Make-Up Artist, Actress, Dancer

Years Active: 2005 -

Early Life: Florence Ruby born May 9th 1993 to parents Lorenzo Falcone and Charlotte Falcone (nee.Gallagher) is an award winning and nominated make up artist. She has an older brother Archie, born Archibald (b.1991) Born in Manchester, the family lived there until Florence was eight years old before moving to Kingston-Upon-Thames, where Falcone still resides now. She also has a residence up North, in Manchester where she splits her time.

Florence; who goes by Flora is the first cousin of author Giovanna Fletcher, who is married to McFly frontman Tom Fletcher. She is said to be close to the family and is even Godmother to Fletcher's eldest son Buzz.

She noticeably still has a strong Mancunian accent. Even though the family moved to London at the age of eight and stayed there the rest of Falcone's childhood. Florence has proudly stated her love for her Northern roots.

From the age of eleven, Falcone attended the prestigious performing arts school Sylvia Young's Theatre School until the age of sixteen, where she then attended the infamous Brit School where she studied Theatre.

Career: Florence's career started after being spotted at a local ballet class and asked to audition for the upcoming West End production of Billy Elliot. After subsequent training, she joined the cast as 'Young Ballerina' in September 2005 before taking her first performance as Debbie in February 2006. Where she played that role until October 2008, after gaining a growth spurt and outgrowing her youthful height. Florence was the longest serving Debbie in the West End's history.

During her tenure she acted along side the second longest serving Billy Elliot; Game of Thrones actor Dean Charles Chapman and briefly along side Spiderman actor Tom Holland in the title role before graduating from the show. After leaving the show, she spent the rest of her childhood in academia before appearing in a handful of National Youth Theatre productions.

Since the age of nineteen, Falcone has worked within the make-up department at the National Theatre before moving onto tv and film where she has gained more experience, until she was running the department on major blockbuster movies at the tender age of twenty four on the Academy Award winning film, The Favourite.

She has worked amongst the industry behind the scenes since her teens but has never ruled out a return to her first love of acting. After all she studied at two of the very best performing arts schools in the country. In 2018, Falcone tweeted 'Just attended my first big acting audition since I was 18! Nervous! Excited! I hope it all works out!The audition she attended; we now know was that of the role of Erin Croft in the Sky One comedy Brassic about a gang of petty criminals from a small northern town. This is her first professional acting credit since Billy Elliot.

Personal Life:

Florence splits her time between Kingston in London and Manchester when she isn't traveling for work. In Kingston, Falcone grew up in the same neighbourhood as Billy Elliot co-star Tom Holland and it is greatly documented that the two have been best friends since childhood.

Florence has had several high profile relationships including Joe Cole (2015-2016) who she met on the set of Peaky Blinders. Academy Award Nominee (now winner) and Get Out actor Daniel Kaluuya (2017) who she met through mutual friends and Westworld actor Ben Barnes (2018-2020) The latter in which she shared a house with in London until their break up in early 2020.

Rumours started swirling that she was dating Jake Gyllenhaal at the tail end of 2018 after she was seen stepping out of a London restaurant with him after meeting on the set Spiderman: Far From Home. Both parties denied the allegations as did their respective partners. She was also briefly linked to Italian actor and skins alumni Luke Pasqualino in 2018 before her relationship with Barnes and actor Robert Pattinson in 2017.

Florence counts fellow Spiderman actors Zendaya and Jacob Batalon amongst her close circle of friends. She is still close with Olivia Colman, Emma Stone and Nicholas Hoult who she worked with on The Favourite. She is also close with Tom Fletcher and the other members of McFly and the cast of Peaky Blinders.

Notable Work:

Billy Elliot (2005-2008) - Young Ballerina/Debbie

Peaky Blinders (2014-2016, 2022) - Make Up department

Spiderman: Homecoming (2017) - Make Up department (Filmed June - October 2016)

The Favourite (2018) - Make Up department (Filmed March-May 2017)

Spiderman: Far From Home (2019) Make Up department (Filmed July - October 2018)

Brassic (2019- present) - Erin Croft

Accolades:

Best Make Up and Hair: The Favourite - (BAFTAS 2019) WON

Best Make Up and Hair: The Favourite - (British Independent Film Awards 2019) WON

Best Hair and Make Up: The Favourite - (Critic's Choice Movie Awards 2019) NOMINATED

Best Make Up and Hair: Peaky Blinders - (BAFTA Television Craft Awards 2015) NOMINATED

{authors note} This is my main character Flora, portrayed by the beautiful Michelle Keegan. All respective photographs belong to her. When I tell you I did research. Flora's notable works I literally found out when Billy ended, when Tom started as Billy etc, when shows and movies were filmed, so they didn't overlap. So there is a perfect line of events. God I have too much time on my hands!

Anyway here we go! Hope you enjoy this one!