xv. emails

From: lmm@gmail.com
To: florencefalcone93@gmail.com
Subject: Let me introduce myself...

Hello Miss Falcone,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Lin Manuel Miranda and I'm currently making a film with your friend Andrew. He's showed me videos of you singing a couple of Jonathan Larson's songs and I must say I think your voice is spectacular! I would love for you to record a version of Come to Your Senses to accompany the deluxe version of our soundtrack. If you would be so willing to do so?

I would also like to extend an invitation to you, to come out to New York and visit, whenever you're next free. I'm aware you're very busy at the moment, as you're currently filming yourself. Andrew tends to talk about you a lot and I know he'll never ask but I think a surprise visit would really lift his spirits right now.

Please let me know, if you're down for any of the above, let me know and I'll set you up in NY!

I can't wait to hear from you.

LMM x

From: florencefalcone93@gmail.com
To: lmm@gmail.com
Subject: reply: Let me introduce myself...

Hi!

Oh my god! I can't believe this is happening! I'm such a huge fan of yours, it seems crazy that you've just told me you liked my voice. I'm going to pinch myself now and then I'll act professional, I promise!

I would be absolutely honoured to record a version of Come to your Senses for the movie. I've loved Jonathan Larson for as long as I can remember so the fact you've asked me to do this. I'm so very close to crying. All because Andrew showed you my videos?! I'm going to have to think of a way to pay him back majorly because I'm genuinely speechless that this is real life!

Funnily enough, I have a short period of time off from filming next week. Does that work for you?

Florence x

From: lmm@gmail.com
To: florencefalcone93@gmail.com
Subject: reply: Let me introduce myself...

Coming over to New York to surprise Andrew. I think will be more than enough for him. He's going to really appreciate it. I'll get hotels and a flight booked for you right away. I'm looking forward to meeting the woman, Andrew has become so fond of.

I shall send you all the details.

See you next week.

If you need anything. Don't hesitate to call.

1 - *** - *** - ****

LMM x