A Butler & His Mistress [Charles x Julie]

Kindness usually needs sanity, but nobody knew that, or that's what I thought.

--

"Charles!" I shouted from my bedroom, still dressed in my pink and black ensemble, as the sun dipped past the horizon.

"Yes, Mistress?" He replied, walking inside with a smile like always.

"Help me into my bed," I ordered softly, avoiding his emerald green eyes as heat spread across my cheeks.

Why am I acting like such an idiot? He is my butler!

While momentarily lost in my thoughts, I felt Charles slowly unzipping the back of my dress after lifting me onto the pink canopy bed that occupied my bedroom. He then made quick work of removing my shoes, stockings, and hat before turning on his heel and walking toward my closet.

In the meantime, my face grew even more hot when I looked down and found myself stark naked, the symbol of our contract was visible upon my chest.

T-This is normal for a lady like me! Nothing to worry so much-

"Mistress Julie?" Charles' rich voice interjected, his figure leaning over me while my silky black nightgown lay in his white gloved hands.

"Y-Yes, Charles?" I replied, crossing my arms quickly over my chest so that he couldn't see the contract symbol.

"It's late now, you must rest. Let me help you change first," he said calmly.

I slowly sat up then uncrossed my arms, drawing a breath as he pulled the silken gown over my head. Once finished, he pulled me into a hug, my short arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"Goodnight, Mistress Julie," Charles whispered, bending down and kissing my forehead gently.

He released me from his embrace and walked back toward the door, holding a lantern in his grasp. The golden doorknob clicked before my door was closed shut. I was, once again, alone in my bedroom.

I pulled the white laced sheets over my body, the contrast of black against white hidden as moonlight flooded the room through my window. Closing my eyes, I drifted into sleep, unaware of the events to unfold the next day.

--

I awakened that morning and felt something was wrong. Glancing around my bedroom, I could not find anything different from the previous night, but then I spotted a folded piece of paper nestled upon my nightstand.

Could it be? A letter, perhaps..?

I wouldn't know unless I picked it up and opened it, which I fortunately did. I wasn't prepared for the surprise that laid inside.

"Charles!" I shrieked, dropping the paper on impulse. Running out of the room, I descended down the stairs with tears prickling my eyes.

Where did he go? Why did he leave me behind?

The endless questions rippled through my thoughts and I couldn't think straight.

I broke down into a pool of tears and each teardrop seemed heavier and saltier than the last. My silver bangs hid the evidence, but ragged breaths turned into painful cries as I lay on my knees in the middle of the hallway.

He'll come back, won't he?

---

Hey, I know I said I wouldn't write anymore one-shots after I finished exams, but I thought of one recently. ( ̄ε ̄*)

Anyways, hope someone likes this angsty, sad one-shot involving my BB OCs, Julie Windsor and her demon butler, Charles Charming. It was fun and heart-wrenching to write and I adore my babies~! (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

P.S. Thank you for over 4k reads! (๑>ڡ<)☆

~Abbie