The Drowning Of A Boy

"Young Master, a letter from Her Majesty has arrived," Sebastian stated as he gently pushed open the door to the study room.

The young earl had been looking out the window behind his desk, thinking to himself before abruptly turning on his heel. Facing the raven-haired butler standing before him, Ciel kept a somewhat stoic expression on his pale face.

"A letter?" He inquired, settling down into his chair with both hands under his chin. Ciel rested his elbows on the rustic wooden surface of the desk.

"Yes, my lord," Sebastian said, hiding a look of amusement as he handed over the sealed envelope with his gloved hand. Ciel snatched it out of his grasp without haste and cut open the envelope, carefully pulling out the letter.

"What is this? Her Majesty has requested that we visit the beach to investigate a mysterious drowning," Ciel read out loud the gist of the letter, not looking up for a moment.

"The beach?!" Three voices shouted in unison, making their presence known; Bardroy, Finny, and Mey-Rin suddenly ran into the room after hearing the news.

"I can't wait to go to the beach - it'll be so much fun!" Finny shouted with glee, clapping his gloved hands together with Mey-Rin's. Bardroy stood back, scratching his short blond hair with a grin on his face, a lit cigarette situated between his lips.

Upon the servants' entrance, Ciel neatly folded the letter up and placed it back into the envelope, glaring at the three cheering happily.

"Hold it! What makes you think I'm bringing the three of you to the beach?!" He shouted, crossing his arms as a vein popped out of his cheek.

"Young Master, wouldn't it be wise to do so? It would save us the trouble of coming back to a mess," Sebastian suggested, glancing between the three servants and Ciel with even more amusement in his dark red eyes.

"I see your point. Alright, they can come along. Sebastian, prepare the carriage," Ciel sighed in defeat, turning his chair around so he didn't have to face the servants and Sebastian.

"Yes, my lord."

Without haste, the butler left the room to fulfill the Young Master's orders while Finny, Mey-Rin, and Bard stayed behind for a few moments before leaving to pack a few things for the sudden trip.

--

"We're not here on vacation!" Ciel shouted in irritation, glaring at the servants for the second time that day. They finally arrived at their destination after a few hours of travel by carriage and it looked like things were already getting out of hand.

With Sebastian at his side, the bluette boy, clad in his usual outdoor attire, made his way through the large crowd that had gathered at the point where land met sea.

As the sun beat down its harsh rays, two men carried the corpse of a young boy out of the water. An elderly woman, in the midst of tears, gasped and ran toward the dead child after he was placed down on the hot sand, cradling him in her pudgy arms.

--

A/N: Wow, it's been awhile since I published another one-shot and this one is actually fairly old - I originally wrote it in August of last year. And if anyone is wondering, I am working on the BB requests, so stay tuned for that!

But anyways, I hope you'll enjoy reading this short one-shot! Don't forget to vote and/or comment!

See you next time~ c: