prologue.

-Ashton-

-Ashton-

"Calum, are you here? I brought food!" I shouted as I stepped into my home, take-out in hand.

I made my way to the kitchen, soon hearing footsteps coming my direction. I placed the plastic bag on the table and the rest of my stuff on the ground, taking a seat on the nearest chair.

"You won't believe what just happened!" He said excitedly, taking off his glasses as he perched next to me.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow, grabbing a box of fries.

"Remember Michael Clifford?" He asked, as I handed him his burger.

I gave him a confused look. "No, who is he?"

"I told you about him, he is the guy I have been streaming with a lot recently!"

"Oh... yeah." I answered, completely uninterested. "What about him?"

"Well... he just invited me over for a little gathering at his house tonight. He just hit one million subscribers on Youtube, and wanted to celebrate with his close friends."

"That's nice, you should definitely go." I suggested, taking a bite of my food.

"I know. He said that there will be a lot of famous gamers there, which is huge for me since I just started, and I am trying to grow my following."

"Okay...?" I asked, sensing by the look on his face that he wasn't done talking.

"Well... will you come with m-"

"Absolutely not." I cut him off, sipping on my sprite.

"Oh, come on!" He tried to argue. "I know that these are not your kind of people, but it is important to me."

"You don't need me Cal, you will be fine on your own. They will love you." I reassured him, finishing the last bite of my chicken wrap.

"You know how anxious I get when I'm around so many random people, Ash." He sighed. "I would feel much better with you by my side."