twenty.

-Calum-

"Ash?"

...

"Can you please open the door? I brought you some breakfast."

I knocked again.

"Ash?"

...

I sighed, gently placing the tray on the ground.

"I'm leaving some food and water right here if you need, okay?"

...

I massaged my forehead, groaning before dashing down the stairs.

"So?" Michael asked once I stepped into the kitchen.

I shook my head as I pouted my lips, making him exhale deeply.

"He haven't eaten anything for two days... I am so worried."

"He will be fine." He answered, taking another bite of his french toast.

I raised an eyebrow at him as I sat down on one of the chairs. "I guess..." I paused. "Anyway, how did you sleep?"

"Well." He took a sip of his coffee.

I rolled my eyes, violently knocking my fist on the table. He jumped slightly, spilling some of the hot beverage on his shorts.

"Ouch! What the fuck is your problem?!" He asked frustratedly, putting the cup back away as he got up.

"What the fuck is YOUR problem?!" I corrected him when he grabbed a wet cloth. "You've been acting like that since last night!"

"Oh yeah, I am sorry!" He sarcastically replied, cleaning himself up. "Only Ashton has the right to feel sad about the whole situation! It's not like my best friend and the guy I'm dating lied straight to my face for months! My bad!"

I looked at him silently, eyes opening wide.

"You could've told me, you know?!" He continued, throwing the damp towel back inside the sink. "I could've helped! Maybe I could've done something, anything!"

"I didn't lie to you, Luke did!" I followed his path to the living room.

"You knew about all of this! You knew that their relationship was fake, you knew what was going on between him and Ashton, you knew about the notebook, and yet you decided not to tell me anything! I have every right to be upset with you!"

"I had no other choice-"

"No, you did!" He cut me off. "You chose to keep all of this away from me! I can understand Luke, he was under a contract, but what about you?!"

"Are you seriously defending his actions right now?!" I spat angrily. "He betrayed every single person in this house, and did not care to look back even once! Don't compare me to this monster, ever!"

"He is not a monster-"

"Oh yeah?! What is he, then?!" I shouted. "His best friend is falling apart, and the guy he is supposedly in love with is upstairs, probably crying his eyes out! He caused all of this, where the fuck is he?!"

He just stared at me silently, like a knife just stabbed him right in the heart.

Seems like it just hit him...

Luke is no longer here, he is gone.

And God knows if he is ever coming back.

My gaze suddenly softened when his eyes began to be unexpressive. He let his body fall on the couch behind him, covering his face with both of his hands.