eighteen.

-Ashton-

-Ashton-

"Ashhhhh!!!"

"Stop shouting, Jeez!" I groaned while dashing towards my flatmate's bedroom. "What do you-"

I stopped talking as soon as I was face to face with Calum. I admired him for a few seconds, giving him an up and down look.

"What do you think?" The curly haired boy asked nervously, tucking his black shirt underneath his black pants.

"You look amazing." I smiled. "I feel a little overdressed, now."

"No, you definitely are not!" He reassured me. "It's perfect."

"Good." I took a step closer, rearranging his collar. "Did I ever tell you how proud of you I am?"

He shook his head from the left to the right.

"Well..." I continued. "I am really proud of you. You have come so far, and I am happy to see that you're living the life you always dreamed to live."

I looked up to him after getting no answer, just now realizing that his eyes were filled with tears.

"Are you okay?!" I asked worriedly.

He stayed silent for a moment. "You son of a bitch." Calum finally said, wiping a tear away of his face with his thumb. "Don't make me sob like that right now."

The both of us chuckled for a bit. I proceeded to grab him by the back of the head, slowly embracing him.

"I forgot how warm your hugs are." He stated, burying his face in my shoulder.

"Yeah, well... I don't give a lot of them." I replied as I gently let go of him.

"You're okay, right?" He asked suddenly.

"Yes, why?"

"I mean... The last time I heard you say something like that to me, you were about to go to, um-" He cleared his throat.

"To rehab?" I took over, making Calum's whole body crisp up.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered.

I sighed. "I'm fine, Cal."