twelve.

-Luke-

"Hey, Ash..." Calum started, stopping at my sight. "And... you're not Ash?"

I was just done getting dressed in Ashton's room. It was around noon at this point, and I woke up way later than I originally planned.

"Um- yeah." I scratched the back of my head. "Long story."

"Okay..." He said in confusion. "Where is Ashton?"

"Downstairs, I think?"

"Already checked." He sighed. "Well... I guess he went out or something. I was about to go grocery shopping, do you want me to stay?"

"Oh no, no!" I insisted. "I am not going to stay for much longer, anyway."

"Alright." He nodded. "I made some coffee and french toast, if you want!"

"Perfect, thank you!" I shouted as he was already making his way down the stairs.

If Ashton isn't here... Then where is he?

I strolled to the kitchen, grabbing a clean cup from the dishwasher. I poured some coffee in it, before opening the fridge to search for some milk.

This is when I heard the sound of a key twisting, and a few familiar footsteps shortly after. I left my beverage on the counter, staring at the door until the both of them showed up in front of it.

I frowned at the sight of Michael and Ashton. Why the fuck are they together? And why are they in the same clothing as yesterday?

"Michael?" I asked, taking a step closer. "What happened to you?"

The look on my best friend's face quickly caught my attention. His hair were super messy, as he had difficulties standing straight on his own.

Did he get into a fight?

"I'll leave you two alone." Ashton said, yawning. "I haven't slept in two days, please don't wake me up... unless the house is on fire, or something."

"Thank you." Michael murmured to him.

I watched Ashton slowly getting out of sight, before facing my mate again. He took a seat on the nearest chair, pinching his forehead as he laid his left elbow on the table.

"So..." I started, taking a seat across him. "Care to explain?"

"What are you even doing here?" He asked out of the blue.

"Sierra needed some space, she's a bit sick." I lied. "Ashton said I could stay here for the night... Anyway, this doesn't answer MY question." I continued. "What happened to you?"

He sighed. "I didn't feel like going home after leaving your house, so I went to this random pub to get a few drinks... and that's when I saw them."

"Them?" I frowned in confusion.

He stared at me for quite sometime... or at least long enough for me to connect the dots.

"Oh my God... You beat him up?!" I gasped. "Michael-"

"I was already pretty drunk when I spotted them, I had no control of myself anymore." He interrupted me. "It's just... Fuck, I can't believe it. She cheated on me with him, I- it just sucks. It sucks seeing her so happy with him."

"I'm so sorry." I answered, placing my hand on his lap.

"It's not your fault, I just feel really stupid."

"Well, do you still-"

"No, I don't love her anymore." He cut me off like he read my mind. "Seeing them together just brought back so many memories... and I snapped." He brushed his hair away from his face. "The bartender called the cops, and Ashton bailed me out. The end."