nine.

-Luke-

"Sierra, open the door." I insisted, knocking on it.

I sighed deeply after getting no answer.

Why am I even trying?

It's not like I really care, to be honest.

"What are you even upset about?!" I groaned. "I don't know how much you heard, but it isn't like you didn't know all of this beforehand."

No answer, again.

"Fine, stay mad." I added, placing my hands inside my pockets.

I stepped away, ready to leave when I finally heard the door unlock. I turned around, now face to face with my supposed girlfriend.

She stared into my soul silently for awhile with her big, pouty eyes.

"How could you?" She finally asked, a tear building up. "What does he know?"

"He knows nothing."

"You told him you don't love me. What if he exposes us?!"

"He won't."

"How do you fucking know?!" She yelled, soon taking a deep breath to calm herself down. "Just... tell everyone to leave, please. I don't feel like partying anymore."

"I did not tell him that our relationship is fake, Sierra." I tried to explain.

"What you said was enough." She spat. "Enjoy him leaking this to the press tomorrow."

"He won't. He doesn't care about that stuff, and I trust him."

"Yeah, right." She sarcastically answered.

"Is this really what's pissing you off? Him knowing?" I asked. "Or is it the fact that I said I never loved you-"

"Tell everyone to go, now." She rapidly cut me off.

"If you actually stopped treating me like dirt, maybe I'd consider giving a shit about you and your feelings." I continued, ignoring her last statement.

"Treating you like dirt?!" She repeated angrily. "I'm not the one who was locked myself up with another man in OUR bathroom on YOUR birthday!"

"It wasn't even like that-"

"Call the party off, I don't want anybody hearing us." She insisted, reaching for the door handle. "We already got enough exposure for tonight."

I clenched my jaw, unable to do anything but nod.

"Oh, and Luke..." She started when I wasn't facing her anymore. "If he ends up saying something to the wrong person, my career is not the only one that's on the line. We will both be over. People don't like liars, right?"

I froze in my place for awhile, hearing the door slam shut a minute later.

I didn't fuck up, did I?

Ashton would never turn on me like this, right?

His intentions are pure, I know it in my heart.

I took control of my body again, exhaling deeply before going downstairs.

"Alright people!" I shouted, trying to sound as relaxed as possible. "The birthday girl had a long day and is very exhausted. Let's call it a night, thank you for showing up, she truly appreciates you all!"

Some started to pack their stuff, as the other immediately thanked me and left. I analyzed the room with my eyes, soon realizing that the person I was looking for wasn't here.