four.

-Ashton-

-Ashton-

"Good afternoon, sleepy head." I said to my housemate, as I was reading a book in the kitchen.

"Stop shoutingggg!" He complained once in the room, hand covering his forehead.

I rolled my eyes. "Aspirin is on the counter."

He looked at me for a second. "Thanks."

"Mmh." I barely answered, getting back to my reading as he grabbed the bottle of medicine.

He swallowed two pills with some water before taking a seat across me. I could feel him watching my every move, but I didn't seem to budge.

"You're mad." He stated, making me look up to him.

"I'm not mad." I vaguely responded.

"You are, and you have every right to be. I'm sorry." I could see his hands slowly starting to shiver. "I didn't mean to get wasted, I-"

"I know you're sorry." I tried to keep my cool. "What happened? You don't usually drink."

"I know, um-" He nervously sighed, playing with his fingers. "Everyone was drinking a lot, I just wanted to blend in. I didn't want them to think I'm a loser."

"Yeah, because puking everywhere made you look super smart." I sarcastically answered, glancing back at him.

His body slightly shrunk, as he tried as hard as possible to avoid eye contact by bowing his head to the ground. I took a deep breath, putting my book aside.

He knows he's in the wrong, and I do not want to add on to that.

"It's alright." I tried to comfort him, placing my hand on his. "Just don't let it happen again, okay? Especially when I'm at work."

"It won't, I'm sor-"

"Stop apologizing, I said it's fine."

He quickly lost his stiff posture, now showing a slow smile that I gave back.

"Do you want anything to eat? Some coffee?" I suggested, getting up.

"Both would be nice, thank you."