E I G H T

ZEPHYR 

"I'm so sorry Princess" I cried, gripping Serenity's body closer to mine "I'm so sorry." 

"You should be" her voice whispered "You killed me." 

I pulled back to look down at her but her body was no longer in my arms. 

Instead, she stood three feet in front of me, blood pouring from both her mouth and the gaping wound in her stomach. 

It was unnatural with how much blood was pouring out of her. 

It was like a dam breaking open. 

I looked at her face and notice that she was pale and sweating, her eyes were so angry and full of hate. 

Like her mother's. 

"It's your fault why I'm dead" she gazed at me, her monotone voice matching her dead eyes. 

She stumbled to the ground, her body hitting the hard gravel with a sickening crunch, as more blood began to pour out of her at a faster rate "If you would have died all those years ago, like you should have, I would have survived like I was meant too." 

"Princess..." I crawled to her "I wish I would have died too. I wish I could die." 

"Zephyr..." she fell to her side, her eyes softening as tears began to track down her cheek "I don't want to die." 

I fell to my side too, cradling her face in my palms. 

"I know you don't baby" I said, silent tears falling down my face "I would take it all away from you if I could." 

Her eyes gently blinked opened, eyes that were once dull and angry now vibrant and...elated?

"What if there was a way that you could?" she reached closer to me, palming my cheek in her hand "Would you do it? Even if it meant that I would be back by your side?" 

"I'd do anything for you my love" I kissed her palm "I would do anything if it meant having you back at my side." 

She searched my eyes for a second before pushing herself closer to me. 

"Then I need you to..." she licked her dry pale lips and pushed herself ever closer to me "To...finally...die." 

Before I could comprehend her sentence, she climbed on top of me with a strength I didn't know a dying person could possess and wrapped her hands around my throat in a surprisingly tight grip.