T H I R T Y

*CONTENT WARNING: BLOOD, VIOLENCE, AND GORE THROUGHOUT THE BEGINNING PORTION OF THIS CHAPTER. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED. WHEN ASTERISK (*) APPEARS, IT IS SAFE TO READ AGAIN. 

Cerberus 

I slit the final bar goers throat, smiling as the sounds of her gurgles reached my ears, kicking her away from me as she landed on the pile of bodies in front of me.

"It's safe to assume that she isn't here darling" I turned toward my wife who was currently perched on the bars counter "What do you advise we do now?" 

My beautiful wife sighed, her long dark hair styled in those adorable pigtails that made her look innocent and helpless. 

A deadly combination that allowed us entrance into this bar in the first place. 

She motioned for me to come closer and I did, fitting right into the space her legs created for me from the perch on the high bar top.

She ran a bloodied hand through my blonde hair, streaking it red, and I sighed, leaning into her touch. 

"We may have been a tad late my love" she whispered in my ear before nipping my neck and running the flat of her tongue against my blood soaked neck "I fear your brother and cousin may have gotten to her first." 

I growled, tightening my grip on her ass "I thought we got rid of Xenos?" 

She licked the column of my throat again, momentarily distracting me from my question, and making me moan out loud. 

"According to my Scouts, those archers I sent did indeed hit their target" she gripped my hair tightly in her hand, pulling my head back just enough so that my eyes could lock on her dark honey colored ones "But apparently your brother was somehow able to heal him." 

"How is that possible?" My eyes widened in shock "Zephyr couldn't even heal the wounds I inflicted on him. How could he have healed Xenos?" 

"I don't know" My wife said, shrugging those delicate shoulders of hers and loosening her grip on my hair "But I have some of my followers trying to figure that out as we speak." 

"Will this hinder our plans my love?" 

She pulled back, giving me a contemplative look "It might complicate things." 

"How so?" 

"If they realize what's right underneath their nose than they might use that to stop what we have planned" she said, her doe eyes wild and filled with tears as she gripped my face, "If they figure how to use the weapon before we get our hands on it than they might use it to send me back my love. I...I can't go back to that awful place Cerberus. I just can't. Not when I just started living." 

I gripped her tighter, pulling her soft body against mine.