T W E N T Y - F I V E

SIN

"So...is there anyway to get out of this place?" 

An amused snort sounded from the cell next to mine. 

"Don't you think if there was, we'd be out of here already?" he said "Trust me. Every single one of us tried to escape. The moment we thought we were in the clear, was the moment we were thrown head first back into our cages." 

"But maybe it'll be different for me?" I suggested "You know, considering I didn't do anything wrong to piss off the universe?." 

"We committed minuscule infractions compared to our Jailers" He said faintly, an angry undertone lining his voice "We did nothing to deserve this fate." 

I stayed quiet, because there really wasn't much for me to say on the topic. 

If he knew that I knew what this prison was, or specifically who it housed, he'd be less incline to help me find a way home. 

And I needed a way home.

Back to my parents and brother. 

Back to...My Mate. 

"Besides," My prison friend said "I'm pretty sure the moment you'd step outside of here, that big ol' wound on your chest would open right up and kill you." 

"I thought you said I was healed?" 

"Like I said" he let out a dark chuckle "Tartarus has a sick sense of humor. Luring you in with a sense of security until you're at your most vulnerable point before throwing you right back into your own personal perdition. There's a reason why no one's ever actually escaped before." 

"So, either way, I'm screwed?" I frowned "If I go out there, I die. If I stay in here, though I'll be alive, I stilly most likely wish for death to come and take me away anyway?." 

"Most likely" he hummed "But, what I'm hoping for is you being an exception to this little dilemma of ours." 

"How so?" 

Although I couldn't physical see the grin on his face, I could hear it by the tone of his voice. 

"All in due time my little lÿkos" he said "All in due time." 

⏳⌛️⏳⌛️

ALESSIA 

I gasped, dropping to my knees as I tried to staunch the blood from pouring out of Xenos' body.