F I F T E E N

Zephyr 

"She's still asleep" I announced to Ethan's pacing form "Her breathing's regular too in case you were wondering." 

His head around snapped, meeting my gaze with an intense glare. 

"Was it really necessary to electrocute my last living niece?" he growled at me. 

"If Xenos saw it necessary in the moment then...yes" I shrugged "He doesn't do anything half cocked. Especially when it involves kidnapping the Beta of one of the strongest Packs in the West." 

Ethan scoffed at the idea of my flamboyant, on-a-whim cousin taking the time to plan out something so highly skilled and strategic. 

"Don't judge a book by its cover"I warned "He may seem like a carefree slacker but don't underestimate his abilities. Out of all my family member's he's the most accurate when it comes to his mission hits."

Ethan's jaw slackened a bit "And by 'hits' You mean...?" 

I nodded "He's had the same amount, if not a tab bit more, training than I've had." 

A hand slapped my back hard enough to jolt me "I knew I'd get you to admit that I'm the superior marksmen and warrior." 

I shrugged his arm off of me "I didn't say that." 

"You kind of did" he grinned smugly as he took the seat across from an indignant looking Ethan, twirling a pink spiral lollipop in his hands.

"I'm going to check on my niece" Ethan announced before stomping off towards the guest bedroom "You know, the one with the fried brain." 

I rolled my eyes. 

"I don't think I'm ever going to live that one down" Xenos spoke softly, taking a bite of his lollipop "It's not like I wanted to zap her. She just wouldn't listen to my warnings." 

"Was she really going to signal for her Pack?" I asked "Or did you just say that to pacify me?" 

He nodded "I've been around Wolf Shifters long enough to know when they're about to signal for back up." 

I shrugged "You did what you had to do." 

"But I feel awful for it" he protested "Like...worse than I've ever felt before. Which is saying a lot considering my favorite pastime is to zap people who don't listen to me." 

I sent him a pointed look "You feel guilty because of your current situation." 

He flinched and quickly changed the subject "So now that we have her...what happens next?" 

"We wait for her to wake up" I said, looking at the clock hanging about the dining room table "And once she does, let's see what those legends on all of your arms tell us."