S E V E N T E E N

Xenos 

"Why'd you drag me out of there?" a pissed off Zephyr hissed at me as we continued our trek outside of his safe house "I need to be in there when they have that conversation. I need to know if they're scheming together or if another clue pops up." 

"No, you don't" I said firmly, pulling him along "Let them have their conversation alone for now. Ethan will let you know if something happens." 

 "When did you become soooo considerate?" he snarled at me. 

I shrugged "About the same time you became a dick." 

He sent curses my way and yanked his arm out of my grasp, stomping ahead of me like a petulant child. 

Zephyr's Hellhound Shadow, who currently took his original form of a Rottweiler while on earth, nudged my left leg. 

I scratched his head and sighed. 

"Am I being too hard on him?" I asked. 

He nudged my leg again and nodded, his white lifeless eyes looking from me to his owner before looking back at me. 

I sighed again. 

"I'll fix it" I said softly, following my cousin as he continued to stomp his way to an area I knew he visited frequently. 

The Cemetery. 

Specifically, the acreage of land behind the Matthews Crypt that was currently being guarded by four Wolves. 

He paused at a weathered oak tree, which looked on the verge of tipping over, and gazed forlorningly at the newly sealed crypt. 

I paused at the other side of the tree, waiting a few minutes before breaking the comfortable silence. 

"I'm sorry for what I said back there" I murmured soft enough for him to hear me but not loud enough for the wolves to pick up my voice "I didn't mean to add more salt to the wound." 

"You're not really sorry" he sighed, running a hand through his hair "And you didn't add anything more than what was already there." 

I couldn't deny his statement, considering how I wasn't sorry for what I said back there. 

I didn't regret my words but I did regret the way I harshly delivered those words to him. 

At his words, or...better yet... for the lack of mine, we were lulled into a stony silence. 

"Did you know?" he asked suddenly, his voice a mere whisper as his crimson eyes locked with mine "Did you know this whole time that Cerberus wasn't my biological brother? Did everyone know but me?"