PART TWO

THE AWAKENING 

Context: 

Through the window of a recently abandon home, the door cracked open just enough for small gusts of wind to whistle their way inside the once full and warm home. 

Walking farther into the house, a very robotic and stoic voice calls through the room, the tv that was once front and center, now pushed precariously near the edge of the dark oak entertainment system as a chilling message is blasted across the screen. 

"Flash Flood Warning!!!

BROADCASTING ACROSS ALL MAJOR NEWS CHANNELS AND RADIO STATIONS...

Viewers if you are somehow able to watch this right now, KTCAL Network and all of its sister stations strongly advise you to get to higher ground as soon as possible. 

We have reports coming in that California and the neighboring border states will experience, for the first time in history, heavy storms, along with strong chances of what seems to be like a tornado traveling from the North. 

Those living by the beaches have been issued evacuation decrees as the water levels continue to rise to dangerous depths, depths that have State officials worried about a possible tsunami on the horizon. If you-"

The message disappears as the tv finally turns black, sparking a little as water begins to rapidly seep into every nook and cranny of a house that housed a family for generations...