T H I R T Y - T W O

ZEPHYR 

I stepped onto the porch with a sigh, scrubbing off the blood on my knuckles with a discarded kitchen rag. 

I closed my eyes and exhaled as a rush of wind, the same one I was named after, rush across my skin. 

"Zephyr..." A voice whispered, raising the goosebumps on my arms, and making my eyes snapped open. 

"Serenity..." the desperation in my voice was evident as I searched everywhere for my Lost Mate "Baby, where are you?" 

"Zephyr...Save...Me..." 

"Listen to me Princess, I'm..." 

"Who are you talking to?" Ethan's confused voice had me snapping my neck towards his direction, finding him watching me from the doorframe of our newest safe house. 

"No one" I straightened, avoiding my his inquisitive gaze "What do you want?" 

"You don't think you were too harsh on her?" 

"She knows more than she's letting on" I said "Xenos knows it and so do I. And deep down, you know we're right too." 

"But to torture her?" he said, crossing his arms "That's a little extreme." 

"You saw how fast her wounds healed" I reminded him "She was created from the earth. She can't be harmed like a normal human could." 

"But she still felt pain" he said, walking to where I leaned against the porch railing, looking out at the ocean below us "She still bled and felt the blades carving into her skin." 

"And yet she still didn't talk" I noted "All she had to do was tell us what she knew and I would've stopped the torture, made her suffering end, but she didn't." 

"Zephyr..." Ethan spoke softly "Don't you think you're taking this a little too far? I know you want revenge for my niece but don't you think that the road you're on is too extreme?" 

I shot him a dirty look "No." 

"Zephyr" he sighed "I think..." 

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!" I roared, thrusting my fist against the wooden column right next to me "I CARE ABOUT FINDING MY PIECE OF SHIT BROTHER AND MAKING HIM FEEL THE SAME PAIN I DID WHEN HE RIPPED MY MATE AWAY FROM ME!" 

Ethan's eyes softened fractionally. 

"I don't need your pity" I snarled at him "I need you to shut the fuck up and keep your opinions to yourself." 

His eyes, which were soft and filled with pity, narrowed in hate at my words.