22 | Labels

MY PHONE VIBRATED, but I was too warm to move, and even if I wanted, the heavy arms draped over me prevented any sort of motion

MY PHONE VIBRATED, but I was too warm to move, and even if I wanted, the heavy arms draped over me prevented any sort of motion. But I didn't care, because today I woke up with a smile on my face.

My eyes fluttered open, despite them feeling like paperweights, and I stared at Elijah's forearms. With my free hand, I traced his veins which snaked down his arm like vines until I landed on his calloused hands.

His grip on my body slackened as he let go. Did I wake him?

His hand skimmed along the curves of my body, starting at my waist and feeling over the curve of my ass, down my thighs, and I stretched my back in response only to meet a crotch full of morning wood.

"Good morning," his raspy voice whispered in my ear. My eyes sprang open, and I took in Elijah Preston's bedroom and my lack of underwear. A good morning was right.

"I didn't know you were naked under here," he said as fingers danced over my hip where my underwear would have been if I had put any on. His lilting motion over my bare skin made my stomach tense.

"I didn't have any with me."

"If I would've known last night..." his voice trailed.

"You did a good job keeping your hands to yourself." I giggled, still facing the opposite direction. He made a pained sound. His large hands trailed up my stomach to my breasts, where he gently rolled my nipple between his fingers and the shirt fabric.

Oh, fuck.

"Eli," I said as a warning. "You are not doing a good job now." I forced my eyes shut, trying not to let my body react to his touch.

"Sorry, do you want me to stop?"

"Mmhm."

"Was that a moan or an answer?"

"Mmm."

His laughter shook our bodies, and he stopped touching me. If he reached between my legs right now, he would discover exactly how I felt. Instead, he pulled me closer, wrapping both of his arms around my torso and placing a long kiss on the nape of my neck.

"I like waking up beside you. Do you want to stay tonight too?"

That caused me to laugh. "Hit the breaks, dude. I have to get home without Reva knowing I was here."

He didn't reply. He held me in silence, our limbs intertwined, our chests rising and falling in sync. We laid there in silence, long enough for my eyes to close again, but my phone startled me.

"Oh, shit." I reached above my head and saw two texts from Reva asking if I wanted to go for breakfast with her and Penelope and that she'd pick me up on the way. Shit, shit, shit, she was stopping by the apartment.

I rolled out of Elijah's arms and dashed for my clothes on his desk.

"What's wrong?"

"Penelope and Reva are going for breakfast, which gives me time to get home." I hopped into my shorts. This was the perfect opportunity to get home without her knowing I was ever gone.