Chapter 6

Dr. JOHNSON

It's been two days since Jeda overdosed. Dr. Johnson was starting to get worried she might be in a coma but kept telling Stefano everything was fine because he didn't want to worry him more. The poor guy had been sitting in her room since he first found out.

He only leaves for brief periods when he has to use the restroom, shower, or take care of business. When he does leave on rare occasions, Richard sits in with her to ensure if she wakes up Stefano is aware.

Dr. Johnson had been observing their behavior the past two days and found it weird how they both seemed so attached to this girl so suddenly. Maybe it was a trauma bond where they pitied her and wanted to be there to help her when she woke up.

But it was weird that they became attached so quickly.

Especially Stefano.

The encounters Dr. Johnson has had with him are usually unpleasant where he is always ordering everyone around and there is never a smile on his face. He was the scariest fucker in this place and everyone was scared to cross him.

Not just because he was technically their boss, but because he would fire a bullet into anyone's skull without a blink of an eye.

Another thing that confused him was why he didn't hear any news about the boy who hurt her being killed or a plan to do so. Nobody even knew about the girl that was down here except for a few people who saw her come in and thought she was gone already.

They feel so bad about what happened to her but aren't going to take care of the man who did it to her? Something wasn't making sense here.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Richard yelling his name down the hall from her room. He ran over to the room in panic and checked the monitors. Her vitals were normal, just as they had been the last time he came in here.

"What happened?" Dr. Johnson asks in panic while checking her cords and IVs.

"She's waking up. Stay here, I have to call Stefano," Richard says while stepping out of the room. Dr. Johnson looked at Jeda and stood above her as she groaned.

"Jeda, can you hear me?" He asks while grabbing his penlight and opening one of her eyes to shine it in. She tries to close her eye and he smiles, letting go. "It's Dr. Johnson, are you in any pain?"

She just groans again and lifts her hand to her face, and pulls the oxygen mask off.

Thank goodness she was awake. Stefano would have killed him if she took any longer to wake up.

-                                             -                                     -

STEFANO

Stefano ran into the infirmary to see Richard standing by her room, looking around.

"She's awake?" He asks sternly and Richard nods as he goes into the room. Dr. Johnson is standing above her as he unstraps the oxygen mask from around her head and moves it aside. Jeda moves her hand to her other arm to where her blood pressure cuff was going off and groans again.

"Take it off her," Stefano orders, knowing it was hurting her bruises more. Dr. Johnson did so and she stopped groaning. Her head on the bed was sitting up since she had a feeding in so she wouldn't aspirate. When she opened her eyes slowly, she looked right at Stefano.

"Hey there," Stefano says almost shyly as he moves over to her. She follows him with her eyes and a look of confusion on her face as she moves her hand to the tube coming out of her nose.