Chapter 31

JEDA POV

Beeping, beeping, BEEPING!

The stupid beeping has been going off for the past... however long and it was driving me insane!

My head was killing me like a deadly hangover.

I reach my hand out to feel the bed rail next to me.

I knew I was in the infirmary but the real question is if it was the Russians, the Italians, or the normal person's hospital.

"She's moving," Someone says excitedly.

"Stefano!" Another yells and I groan at the pain from the volume of their voice. "Stefano, stop trying to kill the doctor. She's waking up."

"Let him go, bro," Another voice says followed by footsteps.

I groan loudly this time and the room goes silent.

Beep, beep, beep.

"Someone shut that fucking machine off before I crawl out of this bed and shove your heads into it," I spit from my clenched teeth.

After a few quiet minutes, the machine quiets down and I let out a breath. Finally quiet.

"Are you in pain?" A voice says and I flinch at how close they are suddenly. I slowly open my eyes and blink away the blurriness before meeting the unknown face. The woman was in nurse's scrubs and I looked down at her badge.

"Yes, Bridget, I am. Because everyone is being so goddamn loud. I'm just trying to sleep!" I yell angrily and everyone in the room stiffens. I look around to see familiar faces. Before they said Stefano and I didn't even realize it. I was safe.

My eyes snap over to Stefano. He was standing beside Dr. Johnson with the front of his shirt in his hands with hard eyes staring at me.

"Put the man down, Stefano," I say and roll my eyes while resting my head back on the pillow. He instead watches me with a look of shock. I gesture with my eyes at the shirt in his tight grasp and he snaps out of it, releasing Dr. Johnson.

I look down at myself and see an IV in my arm with a nasty bruise around it. My arms were covered in bruises and small scarps, probably from the gravel.

Feeling tense pain, almost stabbing, in my gut I look down at my abdomen through my gown to see dried blood leaking through the gown.

"Do you remember what happened?" Dr. Johnson asks and I look up to him. He was now beside me and looking down at me with a warm smile

My eyes automatically search for Stefano behind him but he disappeared.

I feel a hand grasp my right hand tightly. My head swings over to see Stefano kissing the back of my hand. He holds my hand against his lips for a few minutes before he meets my eyes.

"That was a risky move, Jeda," Stefano mutters, his words smothered by my skin.

"Risky move my ass, I saved the rest of you from being killed, slaughtered even!" I defend and he gives me a hard look that sends shivers down my spine.

"Your life is more important!" He says, his voice getting louder and his grip getting stronger.

"Says who? You? Because your opinion is biased."

"You could have died!"

"But I didn't you fuck wad! And everything turned out just fine! I'm alive with a tiny scar!" I scream into his face.

"Tiny?" He says with a joking attitude and a sarcastic smile while shaking his head. "You call that tiny!"

I look down as he pulls the gown up, making sure to cover my privates with the blanket.