Chapter 29

STEFANO POV

It has been a week since Dimitri's empty threats of taking Jeda away and still nothing.

We have tripled our security measures and have more men patrolling in town to see if they can spot any of those bastards.

But we keep coming up with nothing.

Part of me thought this was just some big game to Dimitri, but the other part of me knows him too well.

When he says something, he goes through with it. So why was he taking so long to make a move?

Jeda rolls in bed beside me and pulls me out of my thoughts, her leg moves over my thighs. Her head settles on my chest and her hand lands on my bare abdomen.

She started sleeping like this after she saw the note. She has been snuggly every day and doesn't want me to leave her side in case I suddenly disappear. No matter how much reassurance I give her, the fear is prevalent that something is going to happen and she will be taken from me.

I will never let that happen. If anything happens I will always bring her back to my side where she belongs.

I look down at the beauty resting on my chest and place a soft kiss on her forehead. The blankets are falling down her tanned thigh, showing her burgundy underwear that is ever so lightly covered with one of my t-shirts.

A smirk goes across my lips as an idea comes to mind.

I sink my head into the crook of her neck and place a soft kiss. She stirs slightly in her sleep but doesn't wake up. I smile against her skin and place a few more kisses, nibbling slightly on the soft skin.

She starts wiggling and her leg brushes against my hard-on. A groan leaves my throat as I keep attacking her neck, more roughly now.

A gasp escapes her mouth when I make my way down to her collar bone.

I look up at her to see her beautiful brown eyes open and watching me.

"Good morning to you too," She says with a small giggle.

"Good morning, love," I say and flip her on her back so I am hovering over her. Our lips are inches apart and my eyes trail down to the plump pink lips that seem to be calling my name. I look back into her eyes and she gives me a small nod.

That's all I needed before I slam my lips onto hers. Fireworks seem to explode as we roughly kiss and fight for dominance. When I finally win, she distracts me by bringing her hips up to connect with mine.

A deep groan leaves my throat and I pull away from her mouth, biting her bottom lip.

"Don't start something you can't finish, baby girl," I tell her and a smirk appears on her face as she does it again, her eyes never leaving mine.

"Who says I won't finish it," She brings her bottom lip into her mouth and bites it lightly. She slowly moves to sit up and I back away a little. Her hands trail down to the hem of her shirt before she brings it up and over her head.

Her breasts pop out of her shirt on full display. I make eye contact with her and give her a soft look.

"Are you sure, Jeda?" I ask with a soft voice. "I don't want you to think you have to do anything you don't want to."

"Stefano," She says and grabs the sides of my face. Her hands are warm and comforting. "I want you inside me. Now."

She demands with a smirk. I nod my head as she lays back down. My hands start moving over her beautiful body as our lips connect again. She slides her hands over my back, scratching slightly with her nails before trailing down to the hem of my sweatpants.