Chapter 11

JEDA POV

"Open this door!" Jerad yells through the wooden bathroom door. His fists pounded hard against the door as I tried to pry the window open, my chest heaving up and down from running away from him. it wasn't unlocking. Why wasn't it unlocking?

I checked it last night to make sure it was unlocked and opened wide enough for me to climb through. Why wasn't it opening?

My eyes scanned the window sill as he slammed his body against the wooden door. I noticed something silver on the other side of the window and got on my toes to look. My heart dropped. Jerad nailed the window shut.

How did he know?

"Jeda," Jerad sings from the other side of the door. My body freezes as I turn towards the door, my whole body shaking. "I find it so funny how you think you are so clever. I know what you are going to do before you can even do it.

"Climbing through the window when I'm asleep. Really? That is child's play. Just open the door baby. We can work this out." Jerad pleads. My heart dropped to my stomach as I stared at the door in a panic. he was going to kill me this time.

"Leave me alone you psychotic bastard!" I scream back at him as metal clinks on the other side of the door. He has keys. He was going to get in!

I look around the room for anything to break the window. Seeing nothing helpful, I grab the ceramic top piece of the toilet and throw it as hard as I can against the window. It cracks but doesn't break open.

I race to the window and slam my fists into it, ignoring the glass cutting into my hands. But the window wouldn't break. I scream at the top of my lungs hoping someone would hear me and call for help.

Metal clinks again then the door swings open with a creak. I pound harder on the window as tears stream down my cheeks when I feel a painful slash on my back. I turn around to face Jerad who now has a knife in his hand, dripping with my blood.

"You stupid bitch!" He screams in my face, shoving me to the floor. His hand raises with the knife and I throw my hands up to protect my face as he brings the knife down again, cutting into my arm. Blood pools out of the wound and onto the floor around me.

"Stop Jerad!" I scream through my sobs.

"You think you can try to escape me and not get punished for it?" He asks with a sadistic smirk. "I am going to scar you until no other person will ever love you. Then you can never leave me because only I could ever love you."

He swings the knife at me again and I roll to the floor to dodge it. He gets on top of me, pinning me face down into the tile, and pushes my face farther into the floor as I cry in pain. His sweaty hands pull up the back of my shirt, exposing my bleeding back to him.

I swing my hands backward to try and stop him but he grabs them and pins my hands under his knees so I can't move.

"What beautiful skin," he says running his finger up my spine. A disgusted shiver runs up my spine as a sob escapes my mouth. "It's a shame this is the only way you ever learn."

I watch with wide eyes as he slides the knife down into my back until I feel a sharp pain in my skin. I scream at the top of my lungs as he continues to slice my back over and over again.

The more I beg him to stop, the deeper he cuts telling me over and over how I did this to myself.

"Jeda," He yells, his voice sounding distorted and far away. "Jeda!"

He starts to shake my body as I try to push him off me.

"Jeda!"

* * *