Chapter 27

JEDA POV

My whole body was content. I felt like I was wrapped in the best comforter in the world.

The heat and weight it provided must have aided me to sleep.

I let out a soft yawn and squeezed my eyes tighter as I attempt to move my arms above my head.

Hence the word attempted to.

The weight over my body was holding me down.

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see I was facing the door to the room. A small amount of light was glaring through the room.

My eyes scanned my surroundings. I was not in my room.

Suddenly the smell of wintergreen hit my nose and the feeling of warm air puffing on my neck hit me. My body tensed as I slowly move my head down to see a muscular tanned arm around me.

"Good morning, love," A husky voice says behind me. I jolt and spin around, sitting up in the process.

My eyes connect with Stefano's as he lightly rubs his face with the back of his hand. His eyes were still slightly closed, having just woken up.

It took my mind a second to remember how I got here before I laid back down again, facing him.

"Good morning," I say with a slight smile.

"How did you sleep?" He asks, wrapping an arm around my waist again and tugging me closer to him until his face was in the crook of my neck. A shiver went through me from the feel of his breath.

"Surprisingly well," I say and he groans in response, placing a gentle kiss on my neck that made my face burn. "How about.. you?" I let out breathily.

"Never better," He says not moving from my neck. I feel myself relax against him when his hand rubs circles on my waist.

We lay there for a while in contentment until there is a knock at the door. I go rigid again but Stefano makes no move to answer the door.

"Stefano?" I whisper so the person behind the door won't hear me. I don't want people thinking I was sleeping with him.

"Yes, love?"

"There's someone at the door," I tell him as if he didn't hear. He slowly lifts his head while making eye contact with me.

"What?" He shouts out, causing me to jump.

"Just wanted to let you know we are leaving for town," Richard yells through the door.

"Okay, be safe. I will check in later," Stefano says but there was no response. He lays his head back down and pulls me onto him. I rest my head on his shoulder and snuggle into his side.

"I never took you for a cuddler," I say with a light laugh.

"Me neither," He places a warm kiss on my forehead and I feel my eyes closing in happiness. If only this moment could last forever.

After a while, we decided it was time to get up and get the day started. With much reluctance from both of us, we crawled out of bed and I went to my room to get changed and head down to the gym.

By the time I got there, everyone was already practicing fight moves that I taught them before.

"Good morning, Jeda!" A voice shouts out and everyone turns to me.

"Good morning everyone," I say with a bright smile. I take a final bite out of the apple I was eating before throwing it in the nearby trash.

"Is the boss with you?" Someone asks and I turn around.