Chapter 28

JEDA POV

My grip is tight on the knife as I eye down the bright green eyes of my opponent. He is a few feet away with his eyes roaming my body.

When his eyes go to my torso, I move forward. The knife is at my side and a little forward.

I notice him flinch slightly as he snaps out of his thoughts and goes into position. He tries to grab my hand with the knife but I spin away and move the knife forward again. This time he grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him before spinning me around.

My back is now flush against him. I move my arms up to try and attack but he wraps one tightly around my body while using the other to push the knife closer to my throat.

I feel eyes watching us but ignore them and focus on the attack at hand.

"Got you, love," he whispers into my ear. His wintergreen-smelling breath fanned my face.

A small smirk goes over my face as I lean my head against his chest for a moment.

"Is that what you think?" I ask in a teasing voice.

"I know so," I can hear the grin in his voice. Without a second thought, I lift my head and slam it hard against his chest, pushing the air out. He takes a small step backward to try and steady himself.

I quickly slam my foot down on his and he grunts out through gritted teeth.

His grip loosens and I pull them from his grip. Before he can process what happened, I sweep his feet out and get on top, putting the knife to his throat.

"And your dead," I say with a smirk. His hands move up to my hips as he smiles up at me.

"Maybe I should take one of your classes then," He says and I shake my head while dropping the knife on the floor, ready to get up. He pulls me back down and whispers in my ear. "Maybe a private one-on-one training would be best."

My body stiffens and I slowly sit up. My eyes are wide and my face is burning. I open my mouth to speak but someone runs into the training room, saving me from a response.

"Boss," He says his eyes sweeping the room. When he sees us his eyes go wide. His forehead is covered in sweat as though he was just running. I quickly get off Stefano and step to the side while he gets up.

Suddenly the room is quiet as the men get closer to us. Something is wrong.

"They are back," He says in a low voice.

"Good, where are they?" Stefano asks and I can see the playfulness gone from his face. I can feel the tension forming in the room.

"The infirmary," he says and my feet take off before he can finish.

I hear Stefano behind me as I race down the halls. It was just the three of them that went. Alexander, Liam, and Richard. God none of them better be hurt or I am going to bring hell on someone.

When I get there, I slam the doors open and look around.

People are running around the infirmary wing and I go further into the room with Stefano now beside me. The man who alerted us follows behind as he gasps for air.

When I see a familiar face, I cross the room.

"Dr. Johnson," I say and he quickly turns to me. He gives me a sad smile.

"It is lovely to see you again, Jeda. I wish it were under better circumstances," He says and I nod my head lightly.

"Are they okay?" I ask in a soft voice. I was scared of the answer and those dreaded words to come from his lips.