Chapter 15 (Edited)

A/N: Vulcan's Pig Mask. I would try to find someone with a hood and the mask, but... ya. It might be too creepy for ya'll. xD (maybe me.) Anyways, here's Chapter 15. Funny, I want to do two chapters a day, but I have the attention span of a squirrel. (I'm mainly on facebook or youtube.)

__________________________________________________________________

For thirty minutes, Vulcan and I ran in the direction that Amelia Grace was supposed to be in. I was actually going my full speed, which was faster than any other Werewolf. This was what my brother had told me, but I didn't really believe him.

I was actually quite surprised that Vulcan had kept up with me for this long without complaining. Then again, he didn't talk much, so it wasn't a surprise that he was panting, even though Vampires didn't need oxygen.

I slowed down to a place where both Werewolves and Vampires could run while looking around. My whole body was tense, and I knew that we were getting close to the area. I still had no idea if anyone was out there, so I slowed down to a walk.

Vulcan placed a hand on my shoulder, causing me to look back at him. He placed a finger, probably where his mouth was, with his other hand. He didn't say a word, but I knew that he wanted me to be quiet, also.

I nodded my head and turned to look forward again. My whole body was tense while my eyes flicked back and forth, trying to pick up any signs of life in the darkness of the night. My breathing was silent, almost inaudible even to Werewolves.

When we reached the cabin, Vulcan took his hand off of my shoulder. He gestured for me to knock when I looked back at him, a frown on my face.

I took a deep breath, hoping that I wouldn't be killed before lifting my hand to knock. "Uh..." I said, blinking when the door opened to reveal the old lady from the plane. I cleared my throat and looked down. "Prophet Amelia," I said, respectfully.

"I thought you would've come sooner," she stated, causing me to blink. She looked at Vulcan. "And I thought I told you to come alone."

"I tried," I replied. "I had to knock out Liam, 'cause he was wanting to come also."

Amelia Grace nodded her head. "So I've seen. Congratulations on being the Beta, by the way." She smiled. "I hope that the Council's servants didn't bother you too much."

I frowned and cocked my head. "I didn't see..." I looked at Vulcan. "Is that why you wanted to come?"

Vulcan nodded his head. I could literally feel the smirk that he was trying to do which made me scowl.

I turned to look at Amelia Grace who was looking at us with a knowing smile. "May we come in before they check?" I asked. I bit my lip, hiding back a yawn. It was probably around two thirty in the morning, and I had a stressful day, thanks to my all mighty mate. Please, note the sarcasm.

Amelia chuckled. "I'm sure that you are needed in bed soon." She moved out of our way and gestured us for to come in. She didn't say a word while she moved to the back, behind a sequence curtain. "No, I'm not going to read your palms and such," she said, answering the look on my face. "And I do not have a crystal ball."

I nodded my head and sat down in the seat that was there. I glanced at Vulcan from the corner of my eye and saw that he just stood behind me. I could feel in the air that he was daring Amelia to try and get him to sit down and couldn't help but chuckle softly.

Amelia shook her head and sat across from me. "Protective male," she said, causing me to snort. She smiled, probably glad that I had an air of calmness. "Anyways, I'm sure that you have questions as to what you are."

I frowned and nodded my head. My body grew slightly tense, because I didn't know if it was bad or not. I knew that it couldn't be that bad but I was sure that whatever I was had caused my parents death.

***

Amelia leaned back in her seat and placed her hands neatly on her lap. She looked at me with knowing eyes, probably guessing what I was thinking. "Now, have you ever heard of the Red Wolf or of Aednat Kearney?"

"Some what," I said, honestly. "All I know is that the Red Wolf was thought to be an evil spirit who wreaked havoc on others." This some how caused me to growl as if it hurt me. I huffed not knowing where that growl came from. Maybe I was too tired.

Amelia nodded her head. "Red Wolves are different from other Wolves. They are more powerful and rare. Do you know any other fur that is rare?"

"Blue," I replied, instantly. "There's supposed to be three blues every other century. Sometimes it's just one. Whites are next and then it is black." My eyebrows furrowed together while I started to think. "Reds are the rarest."

Amelia nodded her head. "The last Red Wolf was named Aednat Kearney. She had drunk blood of non-innocent people, making her and her Wolf evil." She looked at me. "You do know that Red Wolves can only gain their Wolf if someone mutters a certain something before they die and drink their blood, right? They have to fill  the marking on the back in, making it look like red."

I frowned an image of my dead parents flashing through my mind. I nodded my head. "Yes," I said, my mark flaring on my back. "But what does this have to do with Aednat Kearney?" I didn't want to tell her that I had all ready drank two of the six people I needed.

"Well, Aednat Kearney was the Red Wolf for a while. She had been captured at a young age by people that wanted her power to do bad. She started to kill people by the age of six, having all ready drank the blood of all people. She killed her guards, people that were supposed to protect her from evil as well as her mate." She sighed and glanced behind me, looking at Vulcan. "300 years ago, Aednat met a Vampire Prince. There were a few words and then a battle struck between them."

I frowned as an image started to appear in my head. I tried to blink it back, but it didn't work and I seemed to be in a different place.

"After almost twenty four hours of fighting, Aednat had the upper hand and started torture the Vampire Prince." Her voice started to sound distant, while it seemed the world had started to fade out while I seemed to be going back into a flashback. "She had gotten to his-"

"I-I remember," I said, interrupting the older female. I remembered this glowing orb around me and the person, protecting us. "I-I think I was three around the time. It was a couple of months after... something appeared on my back." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Something or someone called me to go somewhere, and I appeared on a male." I wrinkled my brows together, trying to remember the face. "I don't remember much about him but the eyes that looked like this gray blue. It had reminded me of the sky when it rained. I remember turning to look at someone who was holding a sword over her head and told her that he belonged to me, like as if he was my guard." I opened my eyes and cocked my head. "The female had seemed to change in surprise and then apologized before disappearing. I disappeared, also, but going back to my house. However, how does this have to do with me?"

Amelia smiled. "It's because, my Dear, you are the Red Wolf." She gestured behind me. "And, Vulcan is one of your guards."

______________________________________________________________

A/N: Well, Vulcan is one of her guards. Did ya'll get that? And she finally knows that she is the Red Wolf. Anyways, I looked upon the internet and found out that Vulcan is Roman for Hephaestus in the form. I forgot about it. o.O I just liked the name.

~Rissa