Extra 10: The Mate that I had Lost - Thaddeus's POV

I ran through the woods, following the scent that I was sure belonged to my mate. My heart pounded in my chest, because I could hear scuffling sounds in the direction that I was going in. I had no idea what it meant, but I was sure that it had something to do with my mate.

"NO!" I thought I heard Ry yell before it felt like my heart was ripped into pieces.

I stumbled to the ground and was forced to shift into my human form. I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming, but I was sure that other people could hear my frantic heartbeats. Tears pricked my eyes as the bond between me and my mate broke. I lost her before I could do anything, and I guess that was what hurt the most. I could've protected her. I was so close, and yet, I failed the one job that I was supposed to do.

"YOU MONSTER!" I heard Liam yell. "WHY DID YOU Do THAT? LET GO OF ME VULCAN!"

I moved forward to see Rylan throwing up what looked like blood. My stomach turned because I knew that that was my mate's blood. Anger filled my system, but it stopped when I heard her start to cry.

"I'm the Red Wolf, Liam," she croaked after she finished crying. She moved a hand across her face, and from my vantage point, I could tell that she was feeling guilty. "Not all Red Wolves are bad. There were more than one before Aedant Kearney. The only reason as to why people know her name is because as children, we are warned that Red Wolves are bad and she was reason because of it."

"So, did you want to do that?" Liam asked. He calmed down a bit, but I knew that he was still upset with whatever he saw.

She shook her head no and closed her eyes. A sad sigh broke through her lips as she cleared her throat. "She has a mate and family, you know? Why would I want to break families apart?" She shook her head again and chuckled, darkly. "I don't want to do it, but I have to. The people that killed her are the people that are after me. I will do anything to bring peace to this hurting family. They deserve that much and so much more."

I backed up so that they couldn't see me. A part of me wanted to attack Ry, but I knew that she had been to protect the female, the mate that I had lost. And, I will help Ry get vengence.

Those people that killed her was going to have hell to pay.

And, Ry will never know that I knew that she was the Red Wolf, nor would she know that I had lost my mate. I was going to take that secret to my grave, because I didn't want her to feel as guilty as she did right now.

She didn't need it. She needed her head if she was going to wreak havoc on that group, and I was going to help her any way I can.