Chapter 40 (Edited)

A/N: Well, who is ready for this book to be done? I am. I finished it, so I will be uploading it up now. Anyways, the sequel will be called The Red Warrior.

Anyways, without further adue, here ya'll go.

Count down to the last chapter: 2 chapters left

__________________________________________________________________________________

Pain and darkness, that was all that I had felt and seen for almost two weeks. Every day, at a certain hour, someone would stick a needle, of something, in my back and watch as my body convulse for their sickened pleasure. That was the only time I knew how many days has passed by because they do it, what I think, early morning.

The bad thing was, I had been feeling Vulcan's pain with my own, so when he had been tortured real bad, I sort of died for about a couple of minutes. My Wolf revived me, but she was in much pain as I was, so I had no idea how she did that.

After almost two weeks of being stabbed in the back with a needle filled with... something, my body started to adapt to whatever it was. And thankfully, I couldn't feel Vulcan's pain anymore, so I was sure that he was all right.

I opened my eyes and gasped, hating the fact that I was feeling so much pain, and I knew that there was nothing that will help relieve it. My breathing turned labored while I lifted my head to see if I couldn't see anything that could possibly help me. Unfortunately, all I saw, was darkness and fuzzy shapes.

Some clinking sounded through wherever I was, and I, quickly, ducked my head and closed my eyes. I knew that whomever was doing the needles was the person that came down or the person that would torture me. However, that had only happened four times, I think.

The door opened, letting in a bit of light before it was closed again. Shuffling sounded while the person started to set everything up for the injection.

The door opened again, and I smelt Elder Jeff's scent. "Leave, Randolph," he said. "I'll do the injection."

"But Elder Jeff," the male, Randolph said. "Andrew said that I-"

Elder Jeff growled, causing my Wolf to stir, slightly. "Don't say his name in front of me," he said, gritting his teeth.

Randolph bowed his head. "Yes, Elder." He paused, and I could tell that he was looking at me. Doubt filled his system, but there was mainly guilt. I knew that he didn't trust me, but I knew that he knew that this was wrong. "Will she be all right? This is some strong stuff."

Elder Jeff sighed, and I knew that he rubbed the bridge of nose. "I, honestly, don't know," he said. "It could be a while before she wakes up from it." There was a pause. "What do you think of her?"

"Before Prophet Amelia said what she had, I thought that she was some sort of killer. I thought that she takes innocent people and kills them for sport." There was a growl in his voice. "He kept telling me that I was doing the right thing, but..."

"But..." Jeff inquired Randolph.

"But, I don't think it is right. She's an Innocent, isn't she?"

"Yes," Elder Jeff said. "Rylan's innocent. She doesn't care that she is an Innocent, so she'll put herself in danger, even if it means that it will cost her her life."

"I want to help," Randolph said, causing a small smile to appear on my face. "I want to trust her and get her to trust me." He paused and sighed. "I think she is too young for this. She died once."

"Then leave and make sure that no one comes in here," Elder Jeff said with a slight growl. "I will take care of this one and the next. The bitch needs to die."