Chapter 41- Cooper (Edited)

A/N: Count down to last chapter: 1 chapter left

____________________________________________________________________________________

I quickly pulled out the USB from the computer just as the message WARNING appeared. I watched in shock and surprise as Rylan's laptop fought off whatever had happened and made it look like that it was just an ordinary laptop.

"Wow," Rhett said, causing me to nod my head. He cleared his throat. "So, what now, Alpha?"

I shook my head, getting out of my dazed thoughts. "We find Rylan," I said. I looked at Vulcan. "You know where she is, right?"

Vulcan nodded. "Yes," he said.

"Then let's get her." I looked at the group. "Rhett, Liam, Luke, and I will go get her. Giselle, I need you to make sure that the pack hospital is ready for her. Addy, I need you to tell my mom and Alpha Carter what had happened."

"What about us?" Thaddeus asked, causing Chris to nod his head. "We want to help."

I bit back a growl of jealousy, knowing that they were just friends of Rylan's and nothing more. "You and the rest of the group get the Warriors prepared. I don't know if there will be a war or not. Make sure to get the young ones and the ones that don't want to fight into the safe house until I have returned." I took a deep breath. "Are there any questions?" I looked at them and saw that they shook their heads. "All right, let's go."

They nodded and scattered to do what I had told them to do. I could tell that there was relief in some of their eyes because my mate was alive and alright, for the most part.

I shook my head and followed Vulcan and Rhett out of the house. Liam and Luke were behind me, and I knew that they were just as ready to get Rylan from whatever she had gotten herself into as I was.

***

"Can you go any faster?" I asked, sitting in the passenger seat. I shook my leg up and down, feeling nervous and antsy about, finally, having my mate by my side again.

Vulcan hissed. "This is as fast as I can go," he said. "It's dark and these trees keep appearing out of- rahat (shit)." He pressed hard on the brake and swerved around another tree. "See?" he asked.

I groaned and rubbed my head, from where I had hit it on the window. "Ya, I see that you are a terrible driver," I muttered, causing him to hiss. "I'm-"

"Stop the car!" Rhett said, instantly, interrupting me.

I growled at him when my seat belt caught me before I went flying through the windshield. "What the hell?" I asked.

"Rylan's close."

"No, she's not. She's-"

"I know where she is, Vulcan," Rhett said. "Roll down the windows."

"If you get us killed..." Vulcan threatened, but he did what he was told to do.

"Rylan will kill me," Rhett said, taking off his seat belt. He moved halfway out of the car and hooted like an owl.

"Really, man?' I asked, raising an eyebrow. "An-"

There was a loud thud! that caused the car to shake. "What the hell?!" Luke exclaimed, waking up. Yes, he woke up even with Vulcan's terrible driving and the sudden stop. "We're going to die," he bawled out.

"Stop being such a baby," Rhett said. "We are not going to die." He got out of the car and rushed to the front of it. "Rylan," he said, softly, talking to the figure on the rooftop.

I scrambled out of the car and went to where he was at to see my bruised and battered mate. I reached out my hand before pulling it back, afraid to touch her. With a sigh, I touched her cheek, causing her to purr and move closer to my warmth.

She opened those gray eyes of hers and smiled up at me. "You found me," she croaked out before closing her eyes.

"No, no, no don't go to sleep," I panicked, picking her up as if she was a porcelain doll. "Come on, Rylan. Stay with me." Fear nipped at my heels, because I didn't know if she would die or not. I prayed to anyone that that wasn't going to be the case, not when I finally had her back in my arms again.

"But sleep..." she muttered, her eyes closing all the way.

I hurried and got into the car, followed by Rhett. "What are you waiting for, Vulcan?" I asked, seeking him looking back at us. "Get this thing back on the road, so we will be able to get back!"

Vulcan looked back at us before turning the car around and leaving.

I looked down at Rylan, who looked better off than dead, and sighed. I moved my hand up and down her cold cheek, hating that she felt so cold. "I'm sorry," I muttered. "I promised that I would protect you, and I didn't." I kissed her temple. "I love you," I whispered, loving the fact that a smile graced her beautiful face.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Ya, I know a short chapter. However, how do people like this new Cooper? Do ya'll still don't trust him?

Who wants Rylan's computer? I do.

Anyways, don't forget to vote/comment

Peace

~Rissa