Chapter 3.1

Y/n could be seen patrolling the city, taking down Joker henchmen. "Where is Joker?" Nightwing slammed the thug on a wall. The thug remained silent so Nightwing brought him to the edge of the roof, holding him over. "Talk!" "I don't know. He's gone on lockdown, ranting about some Judas contract. Not even Harley'll talk to him."

Nightwing pulled him from the edge, punching him out, but leaving him on the roof. Nightwing kept looking, searching. Nothing.

On the other side of town, Robin was walking on a roof, talking on his phone. "So you mean to tell me Father went off on Thomas?" Damian said, calling Y/n by his middle name. "So what do you want me to do about it? You know why he doesn't like me. I said sorry. I didn't mean to kill Dick." Damian raised his voice. "Joker? Really?"

Damian hopped to a lower roof. "I see. I'll try to find him. Bye Jason." Damian walked, sensing the dark figure behind him he stopped. He looked, but there was nothing. He kept walking, but he was hit with a weapon in the back of the head, knocking him out.

Back with Y/n he was beating on a thug. Until two cars pulled up, Y/n fought off a dozen guys. Then a brute walked up to Nightwing, cracking his knuckles. "Shit."

Hours later, the two sons of Batman were in a warehouse. They were tied to chairs, sitting across from each other. Damian woke first. "Where am I?" He tried to move, realizing he was tied up. His gaze fell on Y/n. Soon, Wayne woke up, seeing the man that ended his predecessor's life. "You!"

Damian sighed. "Yes me, get over yourself Thomas." Y/n was pulling at his own restraints. "Calm down, look at your surroundings." Damian advised. Y/n relaxed and looked around. It was an empty building. There was a pile of boxes, some wood, it was pretty much an unfinished building. "It's cold, we're low, maybe underground. No windows, but there's a draft."

Y/n looked at his restraints. Metal cuffs on his wrists and legs. "These are high end cuffs, somebody professional, but made for a remote release. And there's an itch on the back of my neck." Y/n said, rolling his head.

In another room, there were monitors on a desk. Security footage of the warehouse, one showed the two bat boys. A sinister laugh echoed through, speakers played the voice to the boys. "No." Y/n realized. "Boys, calm down. You'll be alright. You're going to make it out alive." Joker said. "Well, whichever one of you is still standing." Joker smiled.

Joker picked up a small device from the table. "As you two may have noticed, I've taken the liberty of planting devices on each of you. Three guesses what they do." "Mind control." Damian spat. "Ten points to boy wonder. Now, time for the demonstration." Joker picked up a box, using the joysticks to bump up the meters that showed the level of control the two were under.

The two boys yelled in pain, falling unconscious. The cuffs unclicked. "Fight!" Joker yelled, laughing. Nightwing stood up, kicking his chair away. He ran forward and tackled Robin before he could react. The two fell and Nightwing began to punch the other boy. Robin kicked Nightwing off and stood up, drawing his sword.

Nightwing drew his escrima sticks from his back. "Ooh, fun!" Joker laughed on the other side of the cameras. Nightwing scraped the sticks together and charged Robin. Robin blocked the valley of attacks with his sword.

In the manor, Bruce was in the Batcave, trying to find Y/n on the computer. He couldn't find anything. In the kitchen, Jason was trying to call Damian. "Pick up, dammit." Jason cursed. He reached into his pocket and grabbed a cigarette, put it in his mouth and lifted a flame to it. Jason sighed and put the flame about before he lit the cigarette. He crushed it in his hand. "I thought you quit." Cassandra stood in the door.

Jason stood up, Cass walking in. "I did, Y/n got me off. Dumb kid, I'm gonna miss him." Jason's face scrunched, he was trying not to cry. "He's not dead. He's one of the strongest kids I know. He's got this, he's different. There's nothing stopping him. He'll get him. Selina, you know why he's crusading." "How do you know he's not already dead?" Both of them tearing up.

Cass shook her head. "Faith, Hope. You have to have it in this life. If hope is gone, so are we." Cass explained.