Chapter 4.1

In the warehouse Joker was watching the fight. "Boring, boring, boring. Where's the fun, boys? I know, I'll throw some spice into the pot!" Joker picked the device up again, dialing up the levels for Robin, who screamed. Robin cut at his adversary's face. Nightwing went to block the next strike, but the sword changed motion, and cut the side of Nightwing's side. He drove the sword into his stomach. "Yes, yes, go Boy Wonder!" Joker complimented.

Robin removed the sword and Nightwing fell to his knee, spitting blood. Robin grabbed his face, staring down the red eyes of Nightwing. "Ah, screw it." Joker kicked up Nightwing's levels, too. Robin realized something was off, and he soon learned why.

Nightwing grabbed Robin's sword and snapped it over his knee. Robin tried to punch Nightwing, who stood unfazed. Nightwing kicked Robin, taking an escrima stick from his back. He drove into the back of Robin's neck, causing the boy to scream. Robin fell, Nightwing standing over him. "Y/n, what are you doing? Where are we?" Damian asked. Nightwing was in a blind daze. Nightwing stomped down at Robin, who rolled out of the way.

Nightwing stomped at him again. "What are you doing?" Damian still asked. Nightwing kicked him in the face. Robin was stunned, enough for Nightwing to land another blow. Robin was face down on the ground. Nightwing kneeled over him, putting the other Son of Batman in a headlock.

Nightwing started to choke Robin out. Joker looked at the screen excitedly. "Y/n, please." Damian tried to pry away Y/n's arm, but Y/n's face only showed anger. "Do it." A crunch echoed through the warehouse. Nightwing relaxed, crouching over Robin, who lay on the ground. He was dead, his neck snapped by the successor of the man he killed.

Joker was looking from the screen, laughing. "How the tables have turned!" He smiled, he picked up his coat from the chair. "Till next time, Bird Boy." The Joker walked from the room, whistling.

In the warehouse, the device fell from Y/n's neck. He picked it up. "Joker." He noticed a black cape below him. "Damian?" Y/n realized what he'd done. "No, Damian!"

Three claps sounded, approaching footsteps followed. Nightwing stood up, seeing Joker. "Bravo, bravo." Joker smiled, dressed in his purple suit. "You made me do this. Made me kill Robin." "Yes, I made you fight each other. I just didn't expect you to win." Joker laughed.

Joker walked around Nightwing. "Bravo, bravo, kid." "Judas." Joker stopped in front of Nightwing. "What does it mean to you?" Joker asked. "You contracted Deathstroke to kill Selina Kyle. My mother." "Oh dear, how sweet. Your mother. I remember my mother... sorta. Real bitch, she was." Joker ranted. "Why?" "Well, to take a hit at Bats. Wait, if your mother was Selina Kyle, her son was Y/n Wayne... No!"

Joker stomped. "You took away my fun. That was the whole thing, the mystery, the chase. To know he was just some billionaire, Bruce Wayne." Joker ranted, Nightwing saw a crowbar to his side. He picked it up and hit Joker in the face. Joker fell to the ground. "That was for Jason." He hit J again. "That was for my mother." Another blow, "And that was for me. So tell me what hurts more. 1?" Nightwing hit him with each word he was about to speak. "Or 2? Forehand? Or backhand?" "I remember that speech." Joker said, breaking through his laughter.

Nightwing tossed the crowbar aside. He reached behind him and pulled out the gun he stole from Jason. "Bats could never do it, maybe you could." Joker smiled. "Shut up." "After all I've done, you think someone else may have pulled the trigger sooner. After Batgirl, and Robin version two. Hell, I've done a number on all of you-" BANG!